Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

1. Disable Source Code Formatting

Ever since DW 2015.3 the "apply source formatting" feature hasn't worked well. There have been some minor improvements since then as referenced here: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/format-code.html, however, this appears to be a hack/workaround with the requirement of adding extra files to the site to make it work. Until code formatting matures more in DW, I would propose adding the option to disable/enable code formatting by language so developers can choose what they want auto formatted and what they don't. I would like my HTML auto formatted and possibly JS, but not PHP.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Upload Support

Its is nice that you can upload a page and everything that is linked in the link[href], [src] and the PHP include/require(_once) functions gets uploaded as well....
    ----
    A JS file is makes an AJAX call, upload the linked file in the URL parameter too.

I've started to use LessCSS, I've asked for better support (ie. Formatting -- would be very nice & also mixin and variable intellisense)... but the Less file gets uploaded because it is in the link[href] attribute - but what is connected via @import isn't and it would be nice it it was.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it more graphic designer friendly

I am a graphic designer moving to the digital design world. Most of my colleagues, like me, struggle to switch to development because the software aren't visual enough, while we are very visual people. Why don't you create a mode, an add-on or whatever works to make DW more visual for us? Just to give you an idea, Bootstrap Studio is a good example of a more visual software. You will gain all the professionals who want to move from graphic to digital, people who was/are using Muse, Webflow, Squarespace etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Find in files - add a filter to select the file type to be searched

Using Notepad++ as an example add a filter that allows the searching of specific file types i.e. search in just PHP files which will prevent CSS files appearing in the search results. Notpad++ has the filter *.* which can be changed to *.php or even *class.php to search just class files if that that's the file naming convention for class files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlight or find unused CSS

I would like a search or find in a CSS file that checks for unused CSS.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. File Browser Readability and Usage Safety

Some points for the already enhanced File Browser within Dreamweaver application:
    -It may be difficult to see whether a default.html file is the one inside a subfolder or the main default.html for the website in the file structure. Especially, when a subfolder has an image folder open and the subfolder default.html file is not visible in the browser, user may click the main default.html for editing.
    -The file symbols for html files could be more readable inside a square like the other symbols in the file structure. Maybe some colors also.
    -The file browser structure in Mac/Win is quite obvious,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Consider preserving pinned documents, when updating software

On Windows 10, you can right-click and "pin" documents to the launcher, so that you'll always have quick access to your favorites or most frequently-accessed documents, from the start bar. Updating the software currently destroys this list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Code Formatting

I used CS 6 for years and had to go to the current version of Dreamweaver because if bootstrap incompatibilities. With CS6, I could format the code and it looked good, if I added code generated by another program, I could add and re-format the code. When formatting the code it had formatted before was left alone and the new code was formatted. With the current version of DW if I do that, it reformats all of the code adding additional indents to the already formatted and indented code making it a mess. Go back to the old CS6 code…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BASIC support

Nobody ever supports BASIC, so Dreamweaver will become a lot more popular by supporting BASIC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Student-Friendly Tutorials and Education Materials

I teach Dreamweaver for 9-week increments once a year to 10th-12th grade students. For them, this is their first exposure to this software. The tutorials provided are not student friendly. Public education does not have a lot of funding for software needs, and my school system makes the sacrifice to purchase 500 CC licenses/year for our students. We don't use that many, but that is the minimum we have to purchase to even get the product. Because the programs live in a cloud, they update regularly. Every time I have taught web design, the software is different. It is frustrating…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Statistics for Sites

I would like to see some statistic data for my sites, like:

- lines of code written since… / per period
    - most edited files

You know, something to look at when bored. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. About Adobe Feedback Page

When clicking on the Give Feedback text on the right pane of the Adobe Feedback website, it automatically selects Ideas, instead of Bugs, but maybe some users meant to report a bug. For the page to be more obvious, It could be preselected as Ideas, but the user should see which one is selected when sending the feedback. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Centering Image Horizontally

To work on positioning objects, If the user would like to center the image where the user is sitting, the horizontal scrolling is not available unless the image is zoomed in. Clever user could move the whole application window, but it's more cumbersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add continuous magnification for design view window

View->Design View Options->Magnification options only allow for discrete settings in the Design View Window. Even the Zoom option uses the discrete options in this window. Better to have a continuous zoom capability or at least smaller discrete jumps. Especially need something between 100 and 150%. Working on a 4K screen at 100% magnification is pain on the eyes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement Copy-line feature.

When I put the cursor anywhere on the line and press Ctrl+C, it should automatically copy the line. Pressing Ctrl+V places the copied text underneath that line. Please add this in a future release.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't start finding until I click 'FIND'

I would prefer that when I start typing what I want found into the box, that it didn't actually start looking until I clicked a button i.e. FIND before it starts looking. I personally find it most annoying when I flick back to a another tab and the page I had previously got in exactly the place I wanted to work in, suddenly gets instead shunted to the next iteration of whatever the search/find term was from the other tab I was working on. I find myself spending a LOT more time in the modern Dreamweaver trying to re-find the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Click on the color swatch to edit color the color

In code edit mode Dreamweaver gives a color swatch flyout when the mouse is place over the code for a particular color. It would be great if a programmer could then click on the swatch to edit the color. Just a simple short-cut. Similar to placing an image as the source is being type and you get file picker feedback to browser for the link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DW Return the asp classic support

I have many sites em asp classic and the new Dreamweaver modify my code

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why, in the first place, were the up and down arrows removed from the scroll bar to the right of the file list?

In the DW Web Page Editor I have the local/remote files displayed to the right. Somewhere along the line the up/down arrows were removed from the damn scroll bar. If the decision to do that was profit-driven I can't imagine it would have been much. Amazing. But how many billions of dollars would it cost to put those little arrows back in place?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Incorporate content from <details> and <summary> tags into Design view.

If I use the HTML5 <details> and <summary> tags they work properly in Live view, but I cannot edit the content in Design view (it doesn't show the content). That forces me to edit the content in code view. I would like to be able to edit content in Design view - other editors just display the block as open for editing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 85 86
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base