Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

1. Dreamweaver 20.2 Icon.

Just updated Dreamweaver to v.20.2, the icon is now the same colour as XD, was this a mistake? Please fix this back to the original green colour so we can distinguish the two apps.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring the "Find in Selected Text" feature from DW-CS6 to DW-CC

Dreamweaver CS6 had a "Find in Selected Text" feature which is not present in Dreamweaver CC. It was useful to search just part of a document instead of only being able to search the whole document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dreamweaver 2020 Roadmap

Hello everyone,

We are excited to share our plans for Dreamweaver in 2020, and seek your feedback.
    You can listen to the Dreamweaver 2020 roadmap plan here: https://my.adobeconnect.com/pb89bk8cye9a/.

Here are the stories we are planning for Dreamweaver in 2020:
    * Bootstrap v4.4.1 Support
    * HTML & CSS workflow Improvements
    Updated HTML Code Hints, Error Reporting, and UI workflows (Properties Inspector, HUDs) to support latest HTML Living Standard
    Updated CSS Code Hints, Error Reporting and, UI workflows(CSS Designer) to support latest W3C CSS Recommendations
    Code Hints for CSS variables
    * Updated PHP Code Hints & Error Reporting for v7.4
    * Database and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. old version is better than this version

dreamviewer gets hang continually.please fix this problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unusably slow editing and false errors with CSS Grid and custom properties

This is an interim feature request to restore basic usability of DW, supplementing other feature requests relevant to full functionality. Dreamweaver continues to consider various CSS declarations of CSS Grid and CSS variables as being erroneous, which causes crashes and extremely slow processing, even in code-only view without linting. If these features are too difficult to incorporate into full DW functionality, simply an interim resolution that skips over such declarations would restore the usability. The problems particularly pertain to some CSS Grid declarations and to CSS custom-properties (often referenced as CSS variables).

A specific isolation pertains to unusable slowness with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. make code format command ignore my blank lines in the code

I like lots of blank lines between chunks of my code but source formatting command removes them all! I looked at the tag libraries but cannot see how that could help me as it's just about how lines break up before and after tags. My blank lines are not tags so cannot be changed here. Am I alone in wanting blank lines to space out my code for readability?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Static Anomaly converse parse, lex, and create for Id check auto casecade style sheet generation and selector.

If you have html and style sheet constructed information.
    It super easy to detect, transform and replace

Example
    / style="text-align: left; width: 100%; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" border="0" /
    Would drive a Id name like this.

Tstalwhbcwp1b0

Now this would stop me for having the need to open 2 browser, 2 editor and transpose sort organize and Id, look up id, suggest to replace, and import into css file or use existing. I have perl program that can do this if need an example.

Origin html element are first charter driven, Table = T, Tr = t, Td…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to Paste a password

Dreamweaver required me to enter my email and password. Since this was not a web page, I could not use the "Keeper" plug-in to fill in my password. I opened Keeper program and copied my Adobe password.

I tried to paste the password into the window you where Dreamweaver was requesting the password and it would not allow pasting of the password.

My passwords are 20 character unrecognizable passwords that are a pain in the neck to type in. I got it wrong several times until I pasted into Word and made the font bigger to get the right symbols…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Table usage so much harder than CS6

I used to easily select multiple table cells to merge. I can't even figure out how to select more than one (WTF is the difference between orange and blue highlighted cells? other than I cannot edit one). I also miss the ability to tab between cells, automatic adds when I advanced to another row.

I can't even select an entire row (or column) to delete/insert.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display type webp pages in design view.

Type webp images are now the standard for images on the web. If possible, display the images in design view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. W3C Validator for CSS, expanding from current validator for HTML

This request is to integrate the freely available W3C validator for CSS, expanding from the existing DW integration of W3C’s HTML validator.

The W3C validator that is integrated with DW for HTML (and XML) provides a valuable resource. The DW engineers who integrated it years ago were obviously being humble and realistic in recognizing that W3C would be able to provide for a perpetually more current and precise resource than DW linting, ultimately for the benefit of users and for user contentment. That was an archaic era before CSS files were commonly created separately from HTML. The difficult integration was…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. donner la possibilité de traduire la langue

Mettre le logiciel hors connexion pour travailler à moindre coût
    Sincèrement

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about giving us access to turn off background features, etc. so that a simple workflow doesnt take us three times longer

I have used dreamweaver a long time and while i love some new features, there seems to be a lot more going on and loading, etc. in the background whenever i am running adobe products. Im running a beast machine and dreamweaver still bogs down when im trying to make time on simple projects anymore. If you are going to take a good solid program and overburden it at least give us the option to turn off features we dont need. i never thought that i would actually consider using another editor until now. And that is a huge statement.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hitting enter/return while editing remote site, error

While I have the Remote Server window open, hitting my keyboard's "enter/return" edits my code behind the open window. If a message box pops up while I "Put" my site, or delete something on my remote server, I would like to hit enter to select "Yes." As of now, hitting the return key does work instead of clicking the button, but it also adds an return/paragraph break to my code behind the open window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Making DW More Efficient to Users Like it was CS3 Version

Dear Dreamweaver,

I have been a Dreamweaver user since about 2005 and before I did the upgrade from CS3 about a month ago, I WAS A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER. 

But the upgrade was false advertising, as the new Dreamweaver is actually a DOWNGRADE versus CS3.

Whoever came up with the notion that creating all of these damned bureaucratic paragraph / formatting boxes to get in the way of people using the DW software?

I am referring to those boxes you use to identify paragraphs, with some formatting options. These are the equivalent of bureaucratizing what was once a very nimble…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable Source Code Formatting

Ever since DW 2015.3 the "apply source formatting" feature hasn't worked well. There have been some minor improvements since then as referenced here: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/format-code.html, however, this appears to be a hack/workaround with the requirement of adding extra files to the site to make it work. Until code formatting matures more in DW, I would propose adding the option to disable/enable code formatting by language so developers can choose what they want auto formatted and what they don't. I would like my HTML auto formatted and possibly JS, but not PHP.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create an Icon to justify text while in Design or Live view.

In the Live view when you edit text, you can make it Bold or Italic. If the end user had a justify left, right and center for the text, it would prevent them from having to split the screen and search for the code and then have to enter the justification manually. Previous versions of Dreamweaver had this feature and I had the shortcuts programmed into my mouse. So, please bring it back or fix it like I've indicated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)