Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

1. Jaco Malan

The behaviour Popup Message displays a 'this page says' text in the popup window in Chrome. In Safari only the text you want to appear, appears, as it should. In other browsers, I do not know.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. About applying source formatting

Dreamweaver 2021, macOS Big Sur

ソースフォーマットを適用について
    [編集]>[コード]>[ソースフォーマットを適用]を実行すると、ソースコードが整形されますが、この時<ruby>要素および<rp><rt>要素がそれぞれインデントされて表示されます。しかし、<span>要素は親要素と同じ行の中に含まれます。<ruby>要素も同じインライン要素であること、インデントされてしまうと読みづらくなってしまうことを考えると、一つの行に含めてもらう方が良いと思います。

<transrate by DeepL>
    About applying source formatting
    When you run Edit > Code > Apply Source Format, the source code is formatted, but the <ruby> and <rp><rt> elements are indented. However, the <span> element will be included in the same line as its parent element. Considering that the <ruby> element is also an inline element, and indenting it makes it hard to read, I think it's better to have it included in a single line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Safety Feedback / Does Adobe Staff Review Posts

I have posted several feedback, for Dreamweaver and Photoshop, that were not bugs, but misleading features or safety concerns. It seems that Adobe staff does not properly review and evaluate given feedback.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put Feature / Misleading ?

When a site home directory is not defined in the Site server settings, the Put feature worked seemingly fine, but no html-files were updated on the website. This may be misleading. Only after defining the home directory, the Put feature worked fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Server SFTP by default

Wouldn't it be safer to have the sftp port as the default when adding a new site. It currently shows ftp.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DARK MODE Preview on View Mode

I would be use full on the view mode also include dark mode simulation so you can include a split view with code-live(dark mode) and code-live(light mode)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. snippet

Snippet cursor placement in DW2020 needs to be defined. Even if you let us place a character string in there to set the position would be fine. I have hundreds of snippets and having to backtrack in my code to place the cursor where it SHOULD be is slow and sloppy.

Example: I type "dump", hit tab to place <cfdump var="##"> and have to place the cursor myself to enter the variable name. Every other editor out there offers this - DW2020 should as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Website Selection / Safety

Wouldn't it be feasible to position the Website / Local View drop-down menus more to the left on the browser pane, so they're more visible. The two tools could be moved to the tool row (separated from the other tools). So one less row in the upper pane, thus more space for the tree below. User may have a different website selected when updating html-pages with same name (for example default.html), so it would be valuable to see all the Website / Local View selections prominently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want you to implement a function that supports parallax website production.

When a company asks me to create a website, I sometimes ask for parallax website, but honestly it's a hassle.
    I hope dreamweaver supports the production of the parallax website.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dreamweaver and GIT intetration

As of August 13, 2021 we all will be forced to use 2FA or authentication tokens for access to GITHUB. This has been documented for a long time. the GIT client in Dreamweaver (21.1) has no support for this.

Is it coming very soon in an update>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. File Search ("Live Search" like Macs have)

Simple enough---PCs should have a File Search ("Live Search") just like Dreamweaver for Mac has. Why this doesn't already exist when I've seen requests for this going back for years is baffling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drag drop visual editor like Wix

It will be very helpful and will improve productivity if the visual editor supports drag and drop feature like the Wix editor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The possibility to set the general site root different from the uploading site root (when using Git)

I'm using Git with Dreamweaver. And I have a problem which could be solved if I could set two different (local) site roots. Let's make an example:

• I create a new site definition and set the local root path to this: C:\mysites\example.com\
    • The remote (FTP) folder is: /var/www/html/
    • I connect the site with a Git repository.

Now I might have something like this:

C:\mysites\example.com\
    -- Git files
    -- Project Documentation
    ---- readme.htm
    ---- doc.pdf
    -- html
    ---- index.html
    ---- logo.png

The folder "html" contains the real website. If I now upload the "index.html", DW uploads it to "/var/www/html/html/index.html" instead of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dreamweaver 2021 Needs Better Tutorials

Needs "VIDEO" tutorials for new users (the written documents are confusing) depicting how to use the buttons and command tools in the "workspace" when using this program for the first time and subsequent times thereafter. I'm coming from an older version and you keep changing so much of the program that this new version is totally "Greek" to me and I'm having really big problems trying to navigate it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. FTP: Check for write permission only in folder I am uploading to, not in the root path

The root path in the server settings (SFTP) in my site definition in DW is "/var/www/". I am not allowed to write directly into that directory. But I can write into "htdocs" ("/var/www/htdocs/"). The local site root is "C:\wamp64\www\example.com\". On the local side all my files are also in "htdocs" ("C:\wamp64\www\example.com\htdocs\") and I only upload/sync those files.

DW obviously checks for permission in "/var/www/" (via a file called "temp2342.htm") and because I do not have permission, DW does not sync anything (it just says there are no files to sync, which is not true).

So my idea is that DW…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reinstate the Insert > Server Side Include option

Server side includes are used with SHTML files, which are quick and clean. Not sure why you removed the option. I used it hundreds of times. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Local Files / Usability Concern

The Local Files text above the browser shows that the file tree is for the local files. However, the arrow symbol next to the text is clickable and looks like its function is to switch/download between local and remote files. The original Local View dropdown menu looks similar, so maybe feasible to rather reposition the original Website Name / Local View dropdown menus to more prominently closer to the file tree.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need more enhancements for Multiple cursor

Recent days in Japan, multiple cursor seems to become a common feature among the various text editors. This achievement is due to the VSCode. Though Dreamweaver also has the same feature in 2017, further enhancements must be needed.

For example, selects the same words at the cursor and box selection would be essential. The following demo site could be helpful for introducing this features.
    https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/codebasics

In additional, Multi Cursor is so useful in Code view and I wish it would be available in Live view and also Design view.

For example, when we have to type a same text on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to prompt for save a modified file ONLY when closing the file

While working in code view one is frequently interrupted with requests to save the modified file. The only workaround is to set the Reload Modified Files preference to Never under File Types / Editors. That is asking for clobbered files when the file is modified outside of Dreamweaver. An option to only request the save when the file is being closed would be a much safer and more friendly option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Feature: Group and Save Open Files

It would be great to have the ability to save all open files to a specific group for later use. I am not requesting to copy or save the file content but save the file paths. For example, I am working on a 4th of July sale for my website and I have to modify 7 files. When the sale is over I have to revert those changes in all 7 files. Having the saved group will provide the ability to open all files with a single click.

This may sound useless to some but think about it. If you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 92 93
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base