Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Highlight or find unused CSS

I would like a search or find in a CSS file that checks for unused CSS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable to use extensions of Brackets

There are a number of useful extensions for Brackets available like CSS Next, PostCSS, Gulp, Autoprefixer, Snippets and others. We wish Dreamweaver could use these extensions the same as Brackets. However, I assume it's difficult to evaluate by Development team all of extensions are working in Dreamweaver. They have to define that the installed extension working within the recommended working conditions. Otherwise, it would be available like inter-process communication mechanisms, it aims to make it possible to run Brackets extensions in Dreamweaver. eg.Internally launching Brackets, round-trip editing and others.

Reason:
    a. I don't think Dreamweaver should fully support user's extension.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. application frame

Application Frameがoffの状態でもHome Windowが表示するようにして欲しい。

directory/index.htmlというファイル名表記がわかりやすい。これをいつでも使えるようにしてほしい。

または、[File]menu->[Open recently used file]から[directory/index.html]が表示されるようにしてほしい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Site als Favorit

Wer viele Websites in den Sites hat, muss teilweise viel scrollen und suchen. Könnte man aber die Seiten bzw. Sites, an denen man arbeitet als Favorit markieren und dann z.Bsp. direkt oben (oder sonst wo gruppiert) anzeigen, wäre mir zumindest sehr geholfen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Australian English dictionaries for spell check

InDesign, InCopy, and even old Muse allowed for customised dictionaries. American English is not the world standard, and your lack of support for languages detracts greatly from your expensive product(s). The software framework has already been written for these other applications; why can't Dreamweaver use the same code???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Close all files to the right

Suggestion...Add the functionality to close all files to the right when right clicking on a file tab.

Please consider this suggestion. I know I would use this all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Live Spell Checking

Spell Check exists, but it is not automatic like other Adobe products. Obviously it would have to be able to discern code vs. actual text, but I have faith that the Adobe team can make it a reality!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Source Formatting > Collapse All

Source Formatting > Collapse All - Speed and code size is very critical for today's competitive market. To that end, we need to be able to compress all code to 1-5 lines. However, regardless of the means by which we set the formatting rules, DW never compresses the code of multiple lines into one line. Currently, we have to either do it by hand or use a third party tool. Other programmers who are concerned with speed of site are moving to other programs and leaving Adobe. We'd prefer if you would make this possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Apply Source Formatting destroys certain code

Since the DW 2019 update (18.2, build 10165), around October 25th, 2018, there are some serious glitches happening with the Edit -> Code -> Apply Source Formatting feature.

1) Sometimes an array spacing will put the space between the quotation marks and the variable name, rather than between the bracket and the quote, which does not work.
    Incorrect: $_POST[" variable "]
    Correct: $_POST[ "variable" ]

2. The tool has combined several lines, and if the start of one of those lines is a comment mark, the active code will become inactive.
    ex: #MEMO: This generates the navigation bar with drop-down…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. コンパイルの設定が勝手に変わる

Dreamweaver 19.2 windows版で、サーバー設定でsassのコンパイルを設定しても、意図しない動作になる。
    再設定をしても戻らない。

コンパイルのファイルを削除。
    一度別の設定にして、コンパイル
    コンパイルのファイルを削除。
    元の設定にすると、元に戻る。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Just make it like Webflow. Please.

I've been using Dreamweaver for ages but in recent times only for FTP because we've moved most of our clients over to WordPress. However, I'm feeling that's becoming a platform that is just too high maintenance. The hours I spend! Then I discovered Webflow. Fantastic software and hosting, just too pricey added onto the top of a Creative Cloud subscription. PLEASE... could Dreamweaver be like WebFlow....?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. &

RETURN THE IMMEDIATELY SUGGESTED CODED & SIGN! It shouldn't take 20 minutes to find the code for anything! Why must you keep changing and ruining a good product? Just return the immediate suggestion for the ampersand sign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Decent features missing from this pretentious IDE

1. A more robust and speedy code editor in general. Why use DW instead of ST or event Brackets then?
    2. Minifying/beautifying CSS & JS. Compiling & also minifying LESS (not only SCSS). Why use DW with external tools when you can use other code editors with external tools?
    3. Combining of files (JS, CSS) and minifying. Also, external tools.
    4. Quich editor is cool but has no real use if it cannot edit LESS/SCSS files. I do not want to edit the final output CSS
    4. Live preview is cool but support for dynamic pages is simplistic. It should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 things that would make Search and Replace much more comfortable to use

I can see 3 changes that would make this feature much more comforatble to use.

1. Combine "Search" and "Search and replace" into one single tool. Searching and replacing should be available after Ctrl+F only. (See search feature in Atom). It would be much more useful to use only one keyboard shortcut instead of two.

2. When replacing every occurence of a phrase screen position and cursor should stay in the same place instead going to top of the screen. It is so anoying to scroll every time to get to the previous edited part of the code. (See search…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Put back what worked and make usability a priority.

An upgrade should be an improvement both in capability and in usability. It should build on previous versions not depart so widely that users feel they are relearning this app from scratch. Can't find insert jump menu, can't find insert list/menu, can't even google and find an answer. I might ask our MIS department to put back my much older version. And where is the "manual" to download? You should provide a useful, downloadable (free) PDF, so that users are not left to seek the "answers" solely from each other but not from those who created the changes in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No coding...

I don't know if this has been written. Completing a website without having to code is surely being demanded. Now that Muse is discontinued, it seems there is no other way to get this done. Adobe xd is just a demo software where you are unable to publish a website and dreamweaver is not that friendly to newbies who just want a simple website out there, where the individual has flexibility over updates without getting a web designer... I can't be the only one thinking this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In CC2019, why does the DW editor not have spell check as you type utility?

I've used Dreamweaver since it was Macromedia. By now the editor should be using spell check as you go. Why doen't it, since the idea is not a matter of software development? Adobe can't afford it, or what? But everywhere I go today, right down to the least little dialogue box, incorporates that modern utility. Strange.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for multiple search 'tabs' in the 'SEARCH' panel/tab

Allow for multiple search 'tabs' in the 'SEARCH' panel/tab so that you can easily switch between results from different searches.

I sometimes want to easily switch between results from different searches but can't because you can only see results of one search at a time. I then have to rerun an earlier search to check out those results, and then rerun the other search again to get back to those results. I imagine this as a strip/'menu' with the search terms (shown in the Search pane/tab) that you can click on to see results from those different searches you made…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Layer

Have a layer option, where you can say something like layer:front;
    or layer:back;. So you can have something in front of another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 84 85
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base