How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

Click row number to select code

I miss the Click-row-number-to-select-all-code-on-that-row feature in Code view.
So please consider bringing that back to the code view.

40 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
COMPLETED  ·  Arun Kaza responded  · 

We are pleased to let you all know that we have enabled this functionality for selecting code via clicking on row numbers. This should be available in the next Beta build that we will deliver.

Thanks!

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Code View (inclduding Split), clicking the cursor on the line number highlights the contents of that line, and clicking and dragging down (or up) highlights the lines of code. This is an important feature in DW CC 2015 that's currently missing in DW CC 2017 Beta 2 and needs to be added. Clicking and dragging to the left of the code sort of works; I say "sort of" because it leaves bits of the first line and bits below the last line; also, it doesn't highlight the entire contents of a numbered group of "lines" the way the arrow-on-the-line-number does. IMO, this is an essentilal feature that needs to be included in the next (or as soon as possible) beta release.

• Kevine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss being able to click on the line numbers in the code view to select the entire line of code. It is more of a hassle to select the code. Not a game stopper but just a wishlist item.

I would like to see the ability to click on line numbers in the left margin in code view to select the entire line, much the same as the current DW CC 2015 does (this is also a default behavior of BBEdit, TextWrangler, SublimeText, Notepad++, and other editors).

You should be able to select a complete line by clicking the line number in the gutter as in previous versions of DW

In older versions I was able to select lines of code by clicking and dragging mouse down in the line number gutter. This was very convenient, now it's not there. Also, I can't find where I can change the background color of the line number gutter to separate it from the actual code area. In the older versions it was blue. Don't try to be too much like Sublime Text, it has its problems too. Although bird-eye-view of the code would surely be nice (like Subllime does).
    Also, I want to see the cursor position when highlighting blocks of text, not the little blue selection marker that bleeds 1 space into the line number gutter.

• Mark A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In prior versions it was possible to click the line number to select the entire line. In Beta this feature is now missing.

There's a missing future is this version, that I would like to get back.
    When I click the line number on the left side, it doesn't select the whole line, like the previous version, I have to select like a regular text.

On ne peut plus sélectionner une ligne de code entière en cliquant sur le numéro de ligne. C'était pourtant bien pratique.

Feedback and Knowledge Base