How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

Support for Coldfusion tags.

With Adobe owning Coldfusion, and CF Builder not being that great of a tool, why not offer the option to load a file to support CF Tags?

Coders are still using DW as a CF IDE. Please provide support for it.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To heck with Dreamweaver and ColdFusion Builder....bring back Homesite. It was the best code editor ever. Give your users the choice, Adobe. Leveraging a poorly designed IDE with Eclipse was a bad idea. Removing direct CF support from Dreamweaver was a bad idea. Trying to force CF developers to buy CF Builder was a terrible idea. Let us choose what development platform we want to use and then listen to our feedback. Don't just guess at what you think the market wants. You've been wrong a lot lately.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cf builder 2 sucks !
    could not figure to get color code
    could not figure to get code assist
    I like home site

• Marc Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Jason, Adobe supports PHP a lot better than it's own ColdFusion. I would love to know the reason why. Most of my sites are remote with a provider and it's nearly impossible to use CFBuilder with them. Most of the newer tags are ignored and the only way is to manually enter them one by one. It just amazes me that we even have to post about this. I would love for someone to say what the real reason is that Adobe treats ColdFusion like a red-headed step child (no offense to red heads step children intended, I'm sure you were treated a lot nicer)..

• Jason Roozee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DW CC 2017.5 9878 -- only has minimal support for CF. A great example of how crappy the CF support is typing a simple <cfif then a <cfelse, typing </ satsumas it's for the cfelse and intelllisense auto-completes to </cfelse>.. Really?

MANY tags are missing...

Bring it back. You're KILLING ColdFusion, your OWN product. CFBuilder is NO substitute!

• Andrew Roazen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coders will continue to use DW as a CF IDE. No, we will not pay you to get back functionality we had in a previous release in a separate application.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any action on this request? Frustrating to try to get CF tags working with Dreamweaver. Link above is now expired.

Bring back full CF support like the old days. Full stack CF devs that do front and back end need 1 IDE! Dreamweaver used to be that IDE. Now with the great new improved 2017 front end features all thats need is CF intellisense and a few extras like getter/setter generation. Thanks

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I use <cfif .....> and <cfelse> closing tag is </cfelse> instead of </cfif>. Please can you support all Coldfusion CFML tags and CFScript equivalents.

Hi, I hope that you can still read this post.

We programmers, that use Coldfusion and want to continue using it, need that you add more of Coldfusion, not only tags, we need that dreamweaver read the includes .cfm files, as you use to do in dreamweaver CS6, and that we can open a file with extension .cfm as default, as you use to do too.

Please help us with this!

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's great to see support for CFML but, as others have said, it definitely needs full support for CFScript as well.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base