How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

Bring back custom code coloring.

I can't find custom code coloring. For instance, letting me set the colors of certain aspects of PHP code. The default is just so bland.

154 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

cngodles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

193 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BTM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for Adobe to port DW2015 Classic code coloring theme for the new Dreamweaver. When DW2015 starts showing symptoms of being outdated before any new DW has its useful syntax colors back, I will be switching to an alternative code editor. I'm not ready to sacrifice my productivity because someone at adobe made a poor decision.

If you are incapable of making good decisions, then just listen, we are already telling you what we want, right here.

• Wez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this is connected to the same thing, but I cannot find a way to turn the files area background white again (as it used to be). Grey backgrounds suggest 'disabled' areas or 'label' areas. And to be honest, looks ugly as sin. For a company that likes to believe helps designers/developers, I have to ask why you keep making decisions that actively ignore and sometimes actively hinder your CUSTOMERS from doing their jobs with the software that is allegedly created for that purpose.

Of course, having said that, I could have just missed the area that allows me to change these settings - so perhaps if anybdy knows how to do this (preferably without having to hack theme files and that kind of outdated rubbish) I would very much appreciate receiving that knowledge.

It is a little ridiculous that I have to 'fight' the software to do my job correctly. If you can't see this Adobe, then this is worrying. If you can see this, but are just ignoring the issues (sadly typical of the Adobe I know) then this is doubly worrying.

• Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is so difficult to set the Default DW 2015 Thema in DW 2017/18?

I installed it for a week an deinstall it again, i can't work with him!

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dreamweaver must be the only application that gets harder to customize. 2018 is ridiculous.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VERY BAD! i need to change color theme and i can't... why? isn't normal.. previous version were the bests!

DW 17 looks like a ugly day in september with rain, thunder & storm. This grey on grey on grey makes me feel so bad.
        Even the code is grey.
        F*** FLAT UI!!!!! I hate you so much!

• darrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks as if the ONLY way Adobe will listen is if we stop using DW - hard as that may be, but WHY SHOULD THEY DICTATE THAT THE APP IS DIFFERENT EVERY 'KIN TIME AN "UPGRADE" IS RELEASED...

• Jamie Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. I'm still using DW 2015 and feel ripped off by this "update". Bring back custom code colouring for THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

• Lynton Kossis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what happens when you have fuckin idiots build a program and they have NEVER use it in their life. What about the html code hints popping on and off all the time and NO WAY to disable them, another retard designed this.

A shame to have fucked the classic theme even with the updates, I can't believe you're able to develop with that crap. 2015 FTW!

I need the old coloring too!

Thanks alot and bring DW back to a production-tool, alot of us earn money with it.

• Phil. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The whole essence of Dreamweaver is that it is a GRAPHICAL web editor. I shouldn't have to learn an entirely new version of CSS just to customize the code colouring for my PHP files. The old way was so simple and easy. Now I have to install an extension, sift through a bunch of themes I don't actually like, and then still have to mess around with code and HEX colour values just to get something that probably still won't work!? Who the hell though of this!? This is terrible. Please go back to the old way of doing things.

• Bill Korkas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changing the color options was really an awful decision. I am back to 2015, I can not use 2017. The interface in 2017 is very hard to use, all is gray on gray.., folders are gray, buttons are gray, tabs are gray on dark gray.... colors help the brain to find the spots and the elements. It is very difficult to find a gray icon on a gray background. We need a pleasant working space, with colors COLORS! Not gray on gray! I need to FOCUS both on my code and on the INTERFACE of the program I use to be productive.

But the greatest CRIME is to remove the simple and working code color option to introduce an awful awful awful configuration file. You ruined Dreamweaver and you still believe you deserve our money for it. Think again.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base