How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

Find and Replace

The Find and Replace is even worse than the current release. To whomever is making these cuts and poor decisions. You are making it really difficult to want to use DW! I now cannot use the find button. It is greyed out but should not be. Is it broken?

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! The Find and Replace seems to working as expected. Better late than never :). Keep up the great work!!

• AdminNiharika Gupta (Sr. Software Engineer, Adobe Dreamweaver) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

As per the latest Dw 17.5, we have segregated Find/Replace into two-

1. Quick Find- invoked via Ctrl+F to Find/Replace in current document
        2. Advance Find & Replace dialog- invoked via Ctrl+Shift+F to Find/Replace in entire site, open documents, selected files in site etc.

Can you please update to the latest version and check these workflows? Do let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,
        Niharika Gupta
        Adobe Dreamweaver

• Prime Riviera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The menu version of the find/replace doesn't even include 'Find/Replace in Site...' has to be Find...

• Prime Riviera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to have to agree man...what a disaster. I was forced to reinstall the old version of dreamweaver and not update. No other tool supports the templating features that I like so much with this application.

Feedback and Knowledge Base