How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

Change the name from Dreamweaver to Muse Editor

The last version of Dreamweaver (2017) is the worst of ever and change a lot of things respect to the last stable version (2015 or even better... CS6).
I think it's time to close Dreamweaver project and rename the 2017 version with the its correct name:
"Muse Editor"

Maybe you could alert old customers with this message:
"End of an Era
The legendary Dreamweaver is no more...
Adobe shut down the software and replace it with Muse Editor"

In this way should be more easy understand the limitations and the bugs with 2017 version development.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

IzbuhIzbuh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IzbuhIzbuh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apply Source Formatting for css missing, server behaviours discontinued + add-on for old panel doesn't work anymore, php code formatting errors, apply source formatting issues with js (e.g. Google Analytics), etc.

For the last big issue see:
        https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/382851-adobe-dreamweaver-bugs/suggestions/19006348-apply-source-formatting-issues-with-js-e-g-google

This is not a generic criticism but is a honest vision of what has become Dreamweaver with Adobe.

• Niharika GuptaAdminNiharika Gupta (Sr. Software Engineer, Adobe Dreamweaver) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We have a lot of new features in Dreamweaver since the earlier versions and we have upgraded already existing features for more ease of use.

I agree that with this new update, the workflows that were present earlier have changed a little bit but we feel that they have changed for better. We are still doing the same things that CC 2015 was doing but in an improved way.

Let us know if you are facing any issues with the functionality, we did be more than happy to help. Hoping to hear more constructive feedback rather than generic criticism.

Regards,
        Niharika Gupta
        Adobe Dreamweaver

Feedback and Knowledge Base