How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

Better tab functionality: scroll along long list of tabs; drag and drop anywhere (not at end)

I recommended this before and you followed up but never did anything. I've been using Dreamweaver since version four in the Macromedia days.

I'd really like for you to implement better functionality when it comes to handling tabs in code view.

I want to place my mouse cursor on a tab, and then be able to scroll with either the mouse wheel or the magic mouse to move along all the open tabs. Navigation kind of sucks when you have a lot of tabs open, but often this is unavoidable as many of the same changes need to be accomplished in distant tabs.

The other functionality with tabs I'd like... I hate how I try to re-arrange tabs and they sometimes pop off the window. If I let go, it goes back to the window pane at the end of the tabs. I want to be able to drop that file wherever I want. Expecting people to keep their mouse pointer exactly within the narrow horizontal tab bar to prevent it from jumping out and to the end of the list makes moving tabs extremely cumbersome.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →