How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

scrollbar up and down controls returned

I'd like the up and down buttons at the top and bottom of the scrollbar in code view returned. I used to be able to browse slowly through my code by simply clicking the down button at the bottom (or the top) of the scrollbar, but now the only way to use the scrollbar is by dragging it...which makes it way less accurate than a button click does in terms of how many lines are scrolled up or down. I can't actually think of one single reason why useful functionality such as this would be removed to begin with, but if possible I'd like it back. On this note, would it be possible to maybe ask your customers before removing all these 'little' things that your developers seem determined to remove from DW because people don't use them very often. Just because something isn't used very often doesn't mean that it should be removed... For each new page I create, I only use the 'New file' functionality once...but following the type of thinking your developers are following, I should expect it to disappear from Dreamweaver in some future edition!! There are definitely some minor improvements to DreamWeaver, but the general buggines, the slowness of rendering, the inconsistent behaviour of some functionality, and the removal (or relegation to some hidden menu) of many of the small but very useful functions... mean that on the whole, I personally think Dreamweaver is getting worse with each release. You could make it better by simply returning some of the functionality you've removed like controls on scrollbars (and perhaps rewrite it using a faster language...because it gets slower and slower with each release!)

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →