Dreamweaver and GIT intetration
As of August 13, 2021 we all will be forced to use 2FA or authentication tokens for access to GITHUB. This has been documented for a long time. the GIT client in Dreamweaver (21.1) has no support for this.
Is it coming very soon in an update>
This almost worked as Nayan described.
For scopes: nothing was selected, and the token did not work. I selected some things. Don't know if this is right or wrong, but it worked. See attached. Note: the repo options self-selected when I selected write:packages.
Thanks for writing to us. We see that Dw supports the connections via authentication tokens. Please see if following below steps helps in successfully connecting to the GitHub.
1. Login to your GitHub account in browser
2. Click on your account icon in the upper-right corner GitHub page.
3. Go to Settings and click on Developer Settings.
4. Click on Personal Access Tokens and click on Generate New Token.
5. For Token description, enter anything and for Scopes, you can use the default options.
6. Make sure Repo and its sub-options are checked.
7. Click Generate Token to invalidate any previous tokens you have generated and create a new token. Copy and paste the new token into the private document. This token can never be seen in GitHub again, so save it somewhere safe.
8. Copy this token in Password textbox in Dreamweaver along-with other details and see if the connection to GitHub is successful.
Please confirm if the above resolves the issue else we will further investigate the same.
Have a pleasant day!