Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add PHP ADODB Server Behaviors - AKA PHAKT

Add back in server behaviours and use as a starting point the old Interakt PHAKT extension which utilises PHP ADODB Abstraction Layer http://adodb.org/dokuwiki/doku.php meaning compatibility with a large list of database types. It is maintained and works with PHP 7.2 and the library can be easily updated as and when new versions are released. For some reason the PHAKT extension was overlooked and people continued to use the MySQL extenion. You could also dig out the old Kollection extension that worked in conjunction with PHAKT and update the PEAR libraries and other files in the includes folder for compatibility with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bookmark lines in code

Bookmark lines in code is a simple feature, that is available in *all* good text/code editors. Simple example of Notepad++ is attached.
    May be there are some workarounds for those, who use Brackets, but I don’t use Brackets and don’t want to waste time trying to find the feature that may not work: https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/379458-adobe-dreamweaver-ideas/suggestions/15645789-bookmark-line-numbers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the users a choice of at least 2 versions of bootstrap we want to use.

Allow us to choose a few versions of bootstrap from within Dreamweaver.... As I was slowly working on a build all the sudden changes took place that turn Dreamweaver into a frusterating program practically useless for what I am doing. I am new maybe 8 months of using this program trying to figure it out again, years later now find myself very frusterated with uncontrollable change.

I am using bootstrap 4.0 ( bootstrap 4.0 is what my start into dreamweaver cc was installed with ) to build a website and have not had any problems other than figuring out how…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Request #3609524 and that support for CFML in Dreamweaver is very important to you as a customer

Does the current Dreamweaver CC support ColdFusion (code hints, tags, etc) again? Perhaps a plugin needed now? I have not used in awhile, but last version I use from time to time is CS6. If it does, I'll probably buy the newest version and go that route. I tried to go back to CF Builder (newest version), but I don't think I'll be doing that. Obviously thinking through IDE's again eg: SubLime Text 3, maybe even IntelliJ ? I prefer to go back to DW, believe it or not, but I need the full CF code support that it had…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adobe to end work on Dreamweaver

I spoke with a friend at Adobe. He said the current version reflects moving resources away from Dreamweaver and that Adobe will cease work on the product. He thinks Muse will be their flagship development product, but of course like Squarespace, et al, requires an Adobe hosting account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. automatic css generator while html is written

when a user is writing html in the code view, it would be great is Dreamweaver would look at the linked css file and determine if the css class exists , if not a new empty class declaration could be added.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. improve the feature of legacy dwt and library

I believe Template and Library features in Dreamweaver must be still very important on managing static site without CMS. Does nobody use in the world? I know HUGO is one of the static site generators and I assume there is a great demand as of old days. I wish Dreamweaver could make it more objective and I was very sorry deprecated Contribute should had been taking on an important role....

1. Change from comment base trigger in the code to the data attribute in the HTML element. There is a certain amount of people who don't like put many comments…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need more information for creating and exchanging own Extensions of Dreamweaver

We want a simple extension with the description and want to know how to share it with other users. Since Extension Manager CC was deprecated, the specific measure to share the original extension was far from obvious.

Reason:
    a. Macromedia had been recommending to create user's own extension and share it with other users frequently by easy methods. It worked very well, however Adobe makes it deprecate initially not by preparing another methods because an extensibility had been ended so tragically and needlessly. Although there are many active developing communities in other eco-system of creating own plug-ins for coding editors,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When are we going to get support for ccs grid and variables - I mean seriously...

your ad copy says use DW to build modern responsive websites, but the application is lacking... css grid is here and css variables... get with it... forget bootstrap...

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add FTP protocol for Amazon S3

It would make my job a whole lot easier if I could connect to an Amazon S3 server through Dreamweaver and not use a secondary FTP client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove space between property and value in CSS coding

I write a CSS property, add a colon, and code hint appears.
    When I press Enter to use suggested value, a space beetween property (colon) and value is added.
    I don't need it. I don't code with spaces.
    This coding style is used since Dreamweaver v1 until last versions.
    If you want it, keep it, but please add an option in Preferences do not add this space.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cloaking preferences user settings pull down menu

inside the file cloaking preferences panel / dialog box there needs to be a pull down menu to choose from presets that could allow the modality of html only images only php only etc. switching back and forth like this would be very effective for workflow and productivity!

also i noticed when i was editing it then i tried to switch to the windows explorer it was such a pain that i had to shut the program down in the ctrl - alt - delete way to get the program back ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. srcset tags in Dreamweaver templates - relative path updating

Dreamweaver should support automatic updating of paths marked with the srcset attribute. Correctly, I don't believe it does - not in the sorts of contexts in which I'm using it.

Details. I can get Dreamweaver templates to update srcset-marked paths in associated html files correctly, but only by writing the destination paths as they're to appear in the destination pages.

For instance, the following code in a template (contained in the Dreamweaver "Templates" folder):

<picture>
    <source srcset="images/parthenon_banner_smallest.png" media="(max-width: 550px)" alt="elementary greek 1. andrew scholtz, instructor" title="Parthenon, Athens" class="img-fluid" >
    <source srcset="images/parthenon_banner_smaller.png" media="(max-width: 1000px)" alt="elementary greek 1. andrew scholtz, instructor" title="Parthenon,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find Previous

There should really be a simple Find Previous option in Dreamweaver. Additionally, when you are on the Find Next window, if you hold the shift key, it should go to previous finds. Notepad ++ does a good job of this and it is a reason that I sometimes prefer it to Dreamweaver even though there are so many more bells and whistles in Dreamweaver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ftp log window

just a simple log window to stack at the bottom of the interface. when there is an ftp error it is very hard to debug it as there is no good ftp feedback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cursor should Blink in Both windows when in Split Mode

In earlier versions - when using (parallel=split) code/design view - I could position the cursor into the design and the cursor would also blink in the code,
    so locating the script related to the design was easy.
    Now there's a cursor, but it doesn't blink anymore /plus often the related code is outside the code window, so i have to even scroll there!- in old times it adapted).
    I understand that it is not considered active since i clickd into the design window, but if working parallel in code/design mode i do this especially to compare code with design, so…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restore Table Commands

Using tables is still valid for tablualr data, quite often used in backoffice systems, so why did Adobe remove the table commands that were originally present in the modify menu? Insert row(s), insert column(s), merge cells etc were all really nice time savers, now everything has to be done in code view. I just do NOT understand the thinking behind removing a feature that still has it uses on occassion?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base