Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

1. Dreamweaver 2020 Roadmap

Hello everyone,

We are excited to share our plans for Dreamweaver in 2020, and seek your feedback.
    You can listen to the Dreamweaver 2020 roadmap plan here: https://my.adobeconnect.com/pb89bk8cye9a/.

Here are the stories we are planning for Dreamweaver in 2020:
    * Bootstrap v4.4.1 Support
    * HTML & CSS workflow Improvements
    Updated HTML Code Hints, Error Reporting, and UI workflows (Properties Inspector, HUDs) to support latest HTML Living Standard
    Updated CSS Code Hints, Error Reporting and, UI workflows(CSS Designer) to support latest W3C CSS Recommendations
    Code Hints for CSS variables
    * Updated PHP Code Hints & Error Reporting for v7.4
    * Database and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe DreamWeaver daily projects like Behance does for Photoshop, XD and more

I so wish the Adobe Dreamweaver team would do a constant video training scenario on WordPress and Adobe Dreamweaver, specifically Bitami Wordpres XAMPP and the Worpress Site setup. There are videos and blogs on the subject but they are old. Paul Trani, who I think is awesome did one but it was for MAMPP users and it too is old and kind of brief. I just think you would get a good response if you all did a video series on using WordPress inside of Dreamweaver. Kind of like what the Behance team does for graphics designers. You could do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back the ability to justify text with a shortcut like they used to have!

Dreamweaver used to have the ability to justify your text using a shortcut without having to split the screen and code "align" "left" etc. You just had to highlight the text and enter the shortcut. In CC this doesn't exist! Adobe is supposed to make the end user's experience easier not harder with each update!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ipad

It would also be really nice to have DW on iOS. I travel often and would really appreciate being able to continue my workflow on the iPad Pro without having to make workarounds. Come on you good folks at Adobe... its time to move your main products into the realm of top-end tablets where professionals can utilise those useful tools without having to be tied down to Macs and PCs like a ball-and-chain!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG: Toolbar options

Cannot customize Common Toolbar. Adding checkmarks and hitting Done button has no effect.

Win10, ver 2004
    DW Ver 21.0, build 15392.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Strong Coldfusion integration.

Many Coldfusion programmers use Dreamweaver of Coldfusion Builder as their IDE. Tighter Coldfusion integration (like in earlier versions) would be greatly appreciated. Database integration would be amazing!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Activity

If the activity window wouldn't stop updating and would show us continuous useful info...that'd be neat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Escape: automatically enter (space)/>

DW used to automatically close expressions, and correctly. Now, it doesn't, and that is ridiculous. This request is to make a sensible change to close all breaks, with (space)/> Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Symbols when coding: popup list of most frequently used

When we are typing test or code in Dreamweaver, and enter a symbol (e.g. &), the entire symbol library pops up, which wastes our time and effort going through it, it often closes and we have to start over, and it takes time to find the right symbol. Why don't you just pop up a list of our most frequently used symbols. For example, I use an ampersand, &, a lot, and it takes way too much time for me to enter those into the code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Comparing HTM, JavaScript, etc. pages

I wish to show two pages in parallel for which DW will compare the code line by line and show variations.
    This would be extremely useful for people using the same page over again but with a page name change and variations.
    In this way, referenced sources like:
    <script src="../jQueryAssets/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
    would be repeated in every page without having to rewrite the code in each page every time. The references will then access a single referenced file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Special Characters HTML

I am a chemist and I have to deal with lots of special characters that do not render properly on a web page: they give that <black triangle with a white ?>.

Two things: (1) Can DW flag in the code when a character is not going to render properly. (2) Why are special characters so many menus away: Insert > HTML > Character > Other

I cannot be the only person with these issues!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Links Reliability

Dreamweaver already shows missing linked files as the vague blue line around the link in the visual presentation, but wouldn't it be feasible to show a red mark at the code row as well. The visual window may be offset, and easily go unnoticed when focusing and writing code in the editor below. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. irregular whitespace

Dreamweaver 2021 is flagging some lines in my code with "Irregular whitespace not allowed" but I can't see where the offending whitespace is. It would be great if Dreamweaver would show me where the offending whitespace is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When placing the curser in the Design area it does NOT match in the Code area. A section is off by a half character.

macOS Catalina
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1 GB

Dreamweaver

Split Design Mode:
    When placing the curser in the design area the curser is off by a half character. The placement of a selection in the design area also does NOT match the selection in the code area. This happens 80% of the time since updating to Catalina. Let me know if you need a screen shot. Please let me know if this is a known issue and or how to fix this...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dreamweaver 2020 code is too light

Greetings! On my iMac (High Sierra), Dreamweaver's code is so pale that it's almost illegible on a white background -- SEE ATTACHED.

Adjusting display brightness does not improve this. Changing the theme does not affect code color or code background.

Seems unbelievable that this would be the default, so please let me know if it's something I'm not getting or peculiar to my monitor settings. Seems a cruel joke on people who have to work on a monitor all day...
    My eyes thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Some stories you should have planned already :)

• First of all the notorious flash of white background in the code area when opening any file in code view. This has been forever...

• Up to date libraries. If PHP8 comes out, have support for it. Not for older versions.

• Jquery Mobile? Jquery UI? Come on... is it 2010?

• Vue, React, Angular?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. keep the file sync information in one master file

keep the file sync information in one master file instead of littered all over the site with _notes directories that are incredibly ugly and cluttering my workspace. Sync would also run faster, it is so slow, like someone is bubblesorting instead of quicksorting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Code hint not working

When writing the code, the code hint is not completing the code when I press Enter, nor when I select the tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement Angular and Typescript Please!

I've been waiting for five years for Dreamweaver to implement Angular SPA's with Typescript support. It is the only reason, I have not switched from IntelijIDEA. PLEEEEEEEZE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base