Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. Dreamweaver 19.2 Impossibly Slow

I'm on Windows 10 and just updated to Dreamweaver 19.2. I have only one file open and it is mostly frozen. I have cleared my DW cache and reset all my preferences and I cannot navigate within the code. I'm in Code View with the Developer workspace. It is unusable in this state. Help!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dreamweaver 19.2.1 update took three startups to function reasonable.

I ran the update and started the program. Lagged on startup, lagged on opening a file. File opened to blank white nothing, clicking it caused Dreamweaver to not respond and come back. After several not responds it finally let me close and reopen, lagged again, not responded again. Closed and reopened. Was able to open file and edit and submit, but extremely laggy at first.

Please undo your patch and LOOK AT FIXING PROBLEMS, I don't want new features if the PROGRAM DOESN'T WORK

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2020 update and paste formatted text in Live-view

Since 2020 update: when I paste formatted text in live-view it will display only as plain-text despite the fact that I have set Preferences > Copy/Paste to ‘Text with structure plus full formatting’

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dreamweaver 20.0 - Can't type / edit text in design mode

Often I cannot type or edit text in Design mode as I could in the previous version. I have a Mac w/high Sierra. It seems if I wait several minutes after loading a file, eventually I can type/edit in design mode, but not always. I have no idea why, but I may have to revert to the prior version. Is something loading in background perhaps that I have to wait for? Any ideas are helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. code editor freezes

Code editor freezes

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Apply source formatting messes up multi-line comment

A multi-line comment in a javascript file gets messed up when I apply source formatting. See attached video. If you rename attached file from test.txt to test.js and open in Dreamweaver you can replicate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apply Source Formatting Breaks calc() in CSS Files

In 19.1 Build 11240

If using calc() within an external .css file, Apply Source Formatting will remove the necessary whitespace from in front of any + symbols used. This does not happen if the css is written into the <head> of an html page.

For Example:

.Class {
    width:calc(20px + 80em);
    }

...if Apply Source Formatting is used, the functional calc() above will be re-written as...

.Class {
    width:calc(20px+ 80em);
    }

...the removal of the space before the + breaks the calc() entirely in the browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. XD update

Everytime XD Updates it creates hell with the image processing of photoshop and dreamweaver.

It also causes issues with the SSL on my site. do Adobe product programmers work together when there is an update to make sure it doesn't disrupt any other program?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Synchronize does not detecect and upload newer files to remote server CC2019

Changed files not being detected for synchronization. CC2019 11193 build

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. will not upload to live server

Cannot upload to live site as it tells you, you need a testing server so you tick the testing server and it defaults to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. API dreamweaver.findNext() does NOT work in CC 2019

I am making Dreamweaver extensions.

The javascript function dreamweaver.findNext() (from https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/apiref/find-replace-functions.html#dreamweaver_setupfind) does not work in CC 2019.

It works in CS6 at least with my testing.

The attachment shows the code I am using.

It should be a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Live view in DW 2020 doesn't update after a same-name image change.

After updating an image in Photoshop 21 and saving for web back to an images folder in DW 2020, Live View in DW doesn't update unless you toggle to Design View and back. You can point at the updated file from the properties field, which shouldn't be necessary, and it still doesn't update until you flip to Design View. Not a huge deal, but an unnecessary step in the work flow when you expect to see immediate results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shortcut CTRL + ALT + R doesn't work

On dreamweaver CC 19.2 I have a bug on windows 10 with the shortcut "CTRL + ALT + R", it don't ingore the next occurrence.
    If I try to just select a word (without have did a "CTRL+ R" before), and I press "CTRL+ALT+R" it select all the same occurrence.
    If I try to put another shortcut for this command it work ..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Code Editor Keeps Getting Worse

The code editor just keeps getting worse. I was trying to use CC 2019 today to edit some PHP files (300-500 line files) and it was worse than ever, I gave up and switched to a different editor I can't tell you what a disaster it has been ripping out Dreamweaver's old code editor out (which was stable and a solid editor at least) and replacing it with a slow, buggy brackets editor.The performance is so bad, and you've spent the last few years trying to put back the lost features of the old BETTER editor. The workspace kept becoming…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Linking Assets Beginning with the Forward Slash

I wrote a feature request, something to improve on... and then commented a possible bug... but I've noticed when including assets like
    <link href="/assests/css/style.css"> and in the "imported file" bar, or whatever that is. It duplicates everything, it reads the path properly -- but says the file doesn't exist.

I've attached a screenshot of the list of related files, and a screen recording of showing It Dreamweaver reading the path, and says the file is not there... but adding a duplicate file so I can view the code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ovewritten source after FTP file upload

When using auto upload of the changed file to FTP, the DW reloads uploaded file content in editor after uploading is done.
    The problem is, the FTP upload run on the background, and when you changing the code in mean time and not save it before the transfer is done, the DW reloads the content of the editor to original uploaded file and the changes you did in time of the uploading are gone! no Undo is possible. This is really bad, especially, if you work on a slow internet connection...
    Why the DW has to reload the source back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Site setup window dissapears when "off focus" then freezes Dreamweaver cc2019

if for example I am entering a new site in the site setup window and change windows to copy the ftp password from another window, when |i go back to DW the site setup window has gone and Dreamweaver freezes. All I get is a PING when clicking anywhere. Then need to use END task to close it and restart.
    I have tried it with Dreamweaver maximised and all sorts.
    Windows 10. Asus machine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. templates do not update unless they are all open

when making changes to the {name}.dwt.ext template it will not update the others unless they are all open. (20+ pages) even though it gives the option to update pages before it starts (all are selected at this point, even the closed pages)

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. find and replace (missing replace - only showing replace all)

I selected some text that crosses two lines, then chose Replace in current document from right-click context menu. The find and replace thing pops up at the bottom, but the find field is empty. So, I then copy and paste the code I wanted to find and replace into the 'Find' field manually. I then put the text I want to use as a replacement (in this case simply a comma) in the Replace field and then look over to the right to click Replace, except it is greyed out... the only one available is the 'Replace all' option -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base