Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. Mac DW 21.2 Crash. File not found.

I have a new M1 MBP (see specs below) running DW 21.2 in macOS Big Sur 11.6 and native (non-Rosetta) mode.

I created a very simple “Hello” test.html from scratch and saved in DW. However:

1. DW cannot open the selected file via contextual menu Open With from Finder. The app launches but only showing the file history screen. Sometimes, it just crashes. (see crash report attached)

2. When open via File > Open Recent menu, it says: “[fullfilepath] was not found” (see screenshot)

3. When open via File > Open and select the file, DW flashes and does nothing.

4. Uninstall/Install…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Standard menus in Monterey

v21 Dreamweaver on Monterey is not showing standard macOS menus properly. The top level menu title can be selected but none of the menu items display. Not usable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. single quote vs double quote

Chrome cannot recognize double quote in such syntax, why keep warning me to use double quote, it is a very low level bug!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mac DW 21.2 — 3 BUGS/ISSUES

• Dreamweaver 2021 FTP Uploads are painfully slow, plus they start, stop and time out on a very fast, solid Xfinity connection.

• FTP Upload passwords are not remembered after quitting DW 2021 and reopening the app.

• "Open in Browser" does not work no matter from where it is selected. (Browser preferences are set correctly, but "Open in Browser" is unresponsive. Nothing happens when it is selected.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Moving caret during search does not reset search pointer

If you search something in code place the caret before last search and continue searching ( or by using F3 shortcut) search continues from the last matched word not from the current caret place.

You have to cancel search with ESC move caret and then perform again a search to reset it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. dw 21.2 / windows / workspace not saving or restoring correctly

the list of files used in prev. session is reopened correctly, but not their view settings (splitted, 3/4 Code, 1/4 preview)
    Adobe support's advice to rename the user's settings Directory (so that all my settings had to be done again in dw!) helped some days only, until for unknown reasons dw again forgot my view settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default shortcut override for Site/GET

I am using DW21.2 on Windows 10.

I am trying to override and remove the default shortcut of "Menu commands / Site / Get" and "Site panel / Site / Get" removing the default Ctrl+Alt+D and replacing it with Ctrl+Shift+D but with no luck.

The default shortcut will not stay removed after pressing ok and if you save the shortcut under the "Menu commands" it doesn't reflect to "Site panel" like and treats it like a deferent action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "GET File" shurtocut triggers wrong action

If you select a file from File browser and hit the shortcut it should try to download from remote/testing server the selected file, but it doesn't.

If you have open an other file in a tab it will try to download this file instead.

if you press the down arrow from the UI the action is triggered correctly. Since you are focused in File browser and pressing the GET shortcut it should follow that action.

The same thing should be triggered by shortcut for the PUT action but it also fails to do so.

On the same page if you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quick Edit Causes CSS to Collapse & Become Muddled

Whenever I use the quick edit feature to edit external CSS code, parts of the CSS collapse and become muddled together. It creates "collapsed" sections out of single lines, combines multiple sections, and also creates collapsed sections out of the space between sections.

Some sections will expand again fine, but a few typically expand then collapse again, sometimes even multiple times before I just close and reopen the file.

This typically happens whenever I save any changes through quick edit, but has also happened when creating a new rule.

I'm using Dreamweaver V21.2 on macOS Catalina V10.15.7

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag-n-drop cursor missing in code editing.

This is new behavior with this release of DreamWeaver 21.2, and it is a great hinderance to my editing work.

I am using macOS Monterey (12.0.1).

As screenshot shows, I am doing code editing directly in the file's code view window. I am editing my local copy of the file, though this new editor problem also appears if I try to directly edit the remote copy of the file. Usually I am editing php code, but for sake of example I have highlighted an HTML5 cell I might want to drag and drop to a different location, say, to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Real time preview not working properly

I'm not sure if this was prompted by the apple Monterey update or the latest Dreamweaver update, but the real time preview has not been working properly. It does however work on the application for some reason.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot remove shortcut to Quick Docs

I want to remap the shortcut (cmd+K on OSX) from "Quick Docs" to "Insert Hyperlink"

I've changed the shortcut to Quick Docs (to cmd+shift+ctrl+K) but it still activates when I try cmd+k. Thus, my remapping doesn't work.

I think this problem is b/c Quick Docs is a coding shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using Win+V keys to paste from the Windows clipboard history of text snippets results in the pasted value being pasted twice.

Using Win+V keys to paste from the Windows clipboard history of text snippets results in the pasted value being pasted twice. To reproduce this bug, press the Ctrl+F keys to invoke the Find option and then press the Win+V keys to display the Windows Clipboard history, click one of the options in the dropdown and press enter.

E.G. instead of diykitclass the result looks like this diykitclassdiykitclass

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Putting Files / File Activity

First the background file activity window prompted about file activity not completed. When repeating the process, the file was seemingly successfully put on the web server (favicon.ico). The file seemed to be found on the remote server, but wasn't displayed on the public site. Only after deleting the file and putting again from the start, the Internet browser found it on the public site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Snippets missing?

Within DW CC 21 (most recent updates) on Windows 10, I'm having a problem with snippets. I've had some that I created vanish, and some that appear in the DW interface but not within the configuration folder (see image for example).
    Not using cloud sync, but noticed when my local copy of the folder backup was missing files (straight copy, never changing any files except at destination).

I should mention I've checked this on two systems here with the exact same DW and Windows version installed, and they both do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tags are not interpreted properly

Tags are not interpreted properly and always gives error in parsing even for a simple HTML file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Placement d'un fichier, téléverse un "fichier vide"

Depuis plusieurs semaines, le placement d'un fichier sur le serveur de mon hébergeur OVH avec Dreamweaver, téléverse un "fichier vide", pourtant Dreamweaver ne génère aucune erreur dans le journal FTP.
    J'utilise la v 21.1 de Dreamweaver sur MacBook Pro (Retina 13 pouces, début 2015) 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5 double cœur, 8 Go 1867 MHz DDR3 et système macOS Big Sur v11.4.
    Cette situation m'oblige, après avoir travaillé sur un fichier, à le placer avec Transmit.
    Merci de votre aide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CSS Custom Properties (CSS Variables) are flagged as errors

The linter doesn't recognise CSS Custom Properties - it flags them as an error and says "Expected RBRACE at line [line number], col [column number]".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)