Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. The editor in Dreamweaver 20.2s so slow that I can regularly type ahead.

The editor in Dreamweaver 20.2 Build 15263 is so slow that I can regularly type ahead of the response on the screen, and I sometimes get a “not responding” message.
    I am editing an HTML file that is 28KB, but has 20 images of approximately 25 KB each. In addition to the source code there is also the following: bootstrap-4.2.1.css file, custom.css, jquery.fancybox.min.css, nav.inc. footer.inc.
    Other open applications include MS Word, Firefox, and Outlook.
    All files reside on the my desktop PC, which is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6300 CPU @ 3.80GHz, with 16.0 GB Installed RAM, running a 64-bit OS…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow typing for some reason

I have noticed there has been a recent issue with Dreamweaver when typing it is either a lag in the input or either it does a slight freeze. I have checked my own computer to make sure and have enough RAM to run it and other things in the background.

Even have disabled prior applications to test it and still a lag in the interface when trying to code HTML templates and other markups. The only one that doesn't have an issue filetype wise is coding CSS stylesheets. I don't know if this was reported before, couldn't find it searching…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clicking in code or live view jumps randomly to an unrelated part of the page.

Clicking in code or live view jumps randomly to an unrelated part of the page. This has been a problem in Dreamweaver for years, but much worse lately. Sometimes I have to scroll through hundreds of lines and seek out and click on the same element or line of code half a dozen times, over and over again, until Dreamweaver finally lets me edit it. Despite my best efforts, my kids are learning all kinds of unfortunate language at high volume because of how badly this interface sucks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DW 21.0 Build 15392 -- Synced Settings

Custom Workspaces are NOT importing from the Cloud.

Workaround is to manually copy custom workspace files from old version to new version and restart Dreamweaver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DW 21.0 build 15392 - Code View issue

After the upgrade to DW 21.0 the Code View is displaying the code very weird. See the attachments. Characters like ' and " are not visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. instalo el comportamiento de servidor y cuando falla dreamweaver y se pone lento se pierde el conector de modo que ya no me puedo conectar

que fuera mas fácil instalar comportamientos de servidor y que funcionen correctamente para Dreamweaver 20 o superior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. DW 21.0:15392 Can no longer type certain characters

In Dreamweaver 21.0 on Mac OS, build 15392, it is impossible to type the open-single-quote and open-double-quote characters. Option+[ does not type “ and Option+] does not type ‘. The shifted keystrokes, which type the close-quote versions ” and ’, are unaffected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DW freezes code view freezes

I often leave DW open all the time so I can come back to edit later or the next day. It seems the newer updates will randomly freeze, but not complately. None of the code view tabs work, I can click on them but the code view doesn't change. The menu's all still work. Only way I am able to get it to work again is to quit and restart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Refresh local files no longer works

The command in the Files panel, using the right-click menu, will not update the list of files in a folder. This in version 21.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dreamweaver 21.0 don't show code in any mode Code, Split, Live.

I can not edit code in Code View Mode so feel like it is better to use text editor than this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Linting reporting "fr" units as false / unexpected token.

I believe this is a known issue but programs like VSC do not report it. could we get fr units to be properly recognized? Just a minor annoyance to see it show up as a broken line on my CSS sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dreamweaver 20.1 Slow

I find 20.1 slow.
    Often when loading or closing a file the screen will go black and the tool bar will say not responding.

Moving between files has a delay.

OS Win10

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.
    Could you please share more information with us, to narrow down the issue at our end.
    1) Are you using large/heavy size files in Dreamweaver, can you specify the size of files you are using
    2) Does this issue happens while opening and navigating between, different file types or specific file extensions in Dreamweaver.
    3) Are you opening files from local drive or from any network location
    4) How many files at least should be opened for the issue to be reproducible, while you navigate between the files.

Thanks
    Dreamweaver Team

3)

13. Saving broke my code!!!

First character of several lines of code instantly deleted when I clicked saved via Ctrl+Shift+U

I watched the code go from properly formatted to WHITE font charaters (indicating improterly formatted code) in an instant, as i was saving the file using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+U.

Please see the attached file for the detailed problem.
    Thank you for your attention to this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug

Dreamweaver 2020 on Windows 10 is extremely text unfriendly compared to DW MX. It is forever taking time off to think about the simplest edit and it moves from display to code ridiculously slowly. I have lots of memory - that isn't the problem. It repeatedly flashes "not responding" and does so when it's closing to. It feels like a good application has been ruined by over-elaboration. What is it doing with my memory? Other things - the Find and Replace function is much worse than previously and no longer integrated. I dislike the killing of anchors though I understand…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Erratic Code Editing

When I scroll through my code and then select the code I want to edit, Dreamweaver randomly but consistently jusmps to code somewhere else, forcing my to scroll all over again to find the edit point. This is so frustrating because it haoppens 100% of the time. It is not intermittent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. html file extension

On macOS it is very easy to save an HTML file without the .html extension. DW isn't smart enough to correct this oversight.

If you create a new HTML by File > New then choose the first document type HTML and then finalise with Create you are placed into a new untitled HTML document.

When you attempt to save on macOS you will first see the text field for the file name with selection highlighting. The default filename and extension is highlighted. Immediately typing anything will overwrite both the file name and the extension. So you might type, "cool-site" hoping…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WebDAV 20.2

WebDAV is completely broken in 20.2. I've changed no settings at all just downloaded the most recent update and now none of my WebDAV connections are working. See attached error message.

The current configuration works perfectly fine in 20.0 and 20.1. Also worked in CC19 and CC18.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Undo, if I am in a document

2 code documents open,
    click into one, make change
    click into other, make change
    click back into the first and hit undo
    flips back to the first document that you do not what undone and undo's it.

All editors I know of can handle undo in individual files with out unding none wanted changes of the other documents. This is deal breaker and end of my use of Dreamweaver, it HORRIBLE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Navigating to a stylesheet when there are many is too hard in DW2020, make it possible to do quickly

I'm developing a drupal site, but actually I'm just trying to use DW2020 for rapid iterations, which I would normally use browser developer tools and my IDE(vscode). It's wonderful to see Dreamweaver back in the App lineup. (I'd love to see asp.net and other template based things suppported and yes I've seen the extensions)

To recreate my situation with a fresh copy of dreamweaver:
    Choose open file, type https://test.resurgenceevents.org as the filename. Open it, and add this tag to the HEAD section of the html (without the space before last speechmark needed to post as comment):
    <base href="https://test.resurgenceevents.org/ "…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. On Windows computers, the program freezes terribly

There is a delay of about 1-3 seconds when selecting a code fragment or entering new lines. The problem occurs even with zero load on the computer, without live view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base