Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. html file extension

On macOS it is very easy to save an HTML file without the .html extension. DW isn't smart enough to correct this oversight.

If you create a new HTML by File > New then choose the first document type HTML and then finalise with Create you are placed into a new untitled HTML document.

When you attempt to save on macOS you will first see the text field for the file name with selection highlighting. The default filename and extension is highlighted. Immediately typing anything will overwrite both the file name and the extension. So you might type, "cool-site" hoping…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

UNDER REVIEW  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clicking in code or live view jumps randomly to an unrelated part of the page.

Clicking in code or live view jumps randomly to an unrelated part of the page. This has been a problem in Dreamweaver for years, but much worse lately. Sometimes I have to scroll through hundreds of lines and seek out and click on the same element or line of code half a dozen times, over and over again, until Dreamweaver finally lets me edit it. Despite my best efforts, my kids are learning all kinds of unfortunate language at high volume because of how badly this interface sucks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Roundtrip DW ->PS -> DW, image size change isn't reflected back in DW

The scenario is DW 2020 (on macOS 10.15.5) is editing web pages where the artwork is too big. So the image need to be down sized. Have set up Photoshop to be the Primary editor for JPG files.

When you select the image in Live view, properties window updates.
    Can see the current size of the image.
    Click the Photoshop icon
    In Photoshop
    Image Size change
    Save again, adjusting the JPEG compression ratio
    Back in DW

Properties doesn't update
    DW is not picking up any change to the file status for the file it just went off to edit.
    This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Live view edits broken

Latest update of DW, I can no longer edit in the live view.
    1) See a spot with 2 consecutive spaces; delete the first, it removes the first character of the next word. If I backspace to remove the left one, it removes the last character of the preceding word.
    2) Add a paragraph using "enter". This has stopped responding completely, as in it ignores the press. If I change the keyboard shortcut (edits to that also failing) to insert a paragraph, it asks about before/after/nested and so on. Choose one, it all vanishes, and nothing is inserted anywhere.
    3)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't open remote files in nfs sharing

Since last upgrade of Mac OsX 10.15.4, if you have files in NFS share volume, dreamweaver can't open files from those locations. Even if it is open a single file or open a site setup in those kind of shares. I've tryed in samba sharing and it's the same. One clue; the error reports can't open :volume:dir:subdir in place to use /volume/dir/subdir

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dreamweaver 19.2 Impossibly Slow

I'm on Windows 10 and just updated to Dreamweaver 19.2. I have only one file open and it is mostly frozen. I have cleared my DW cache and reset all my preferences and I cannot navigate within the code. I'm in Code View with the Developer workspace. It is unusable in this state. Help!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dreamweaver 20.0 - Can't type / edit text in design mode

Often I cannot type or edit text in Design mode as I could in the previous version. I have a Mac w/high Sierra. It seems if I wait several minutes after loading a file, eventually I can type/edit in design mode, but not always. I have no idea why, but I may have to revert to the prior version. Is something loading in background perhaps that I have to wait for? Any ideas are helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dreamweaver includes a commented include file

When a PHP include statement is commented with //, Dreamweaver continues to include the file even after saving the PHP file and opening again. Here is an example of the statement
    // include("inctooltips.php");
    And the attached file shows the commented statement and the same file in the list of included files.

I would expect all commented statements to be ignored when the file is opened again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DW 20.1 is duplicating files. Adds a 2 at the end.

Is this a Apple cloud issue? jpg, png, css, scss it does not discriminate. Somehow I am getting duplicate files in the same site folder with a 2 at the end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text edit displayed but not saved

I changed a line of text in the Dreamweaver editor for a JavaScript file. The text was changed on the screen and the save "*" was removed when I hit save. However, when I uploaded the changed file, the change was not reflected. I verified the uploaded file was not changed on the website in the JavaScript console. I closed the editor and reopened it, The original text was still present! I updated it again and re-saved. This time the change persisted and the upload was good. There were no error messages or other indications of something going awry. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for providing all the details and clarity on the issue you are facing. Detailed description of the issue helps us in investigating the issue.

We tried to recreate the issue internally on macOS 10.14.6 and the issue is not reproducible. Hence it would great if you can write to us when you encounter the issue again. Please have Dw in the same state for us to investigate the issue since the same is not reproducible on all machines.

Have a pleasant day.

Thanks,
    Nayan
    Dreamweaver Team

11. BUG: Form validierung error if type "email"

Form validierung error if type "email"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. can't see code in split or code view sometime

can't see code in split or code view. its seems blank white space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Red dot code cutoff

I have php file that is long. In Dreamweaver, after 215 lines of code, the code is cutoff and there is a red dot where the rest of the code should be. The file works normally and all the code is visible on my web server and in other editors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Inline background css

when you try to add dreamweaver inline css background it add a doble quotes that you need to remove. Only on inline css autocomplete.

Bad
    style="background-image: url("img/pic.jpg")"

Need to be
    style="background-image: url(img/pic.jpg)"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dropdown menu not showing anymore in live mode

I don't know exactly since when this happened so this is going to be difficult, but is anyone experiencing the same problem? I used to be able to click on a dropdown in the navbar in live mode, the dropdown menu would then show. But now it does not anymore...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. List bug with <sub> or <sup>

I am a chemist, and use lots of <sub> and <sup> tags. If I try to make a list (or remove a list) containing these tags, all sorts of strange things happen. (Not fatal, there are work arounds.)

======================

<p>Six or so steps are required to generate the VSEPR geometry of an atomic centre such as:</p>
    <ul>
    <li>Carbon in methane, CH<sub>4</sub></li>
    <li>Nitrogen in ammonia, NH<sub>3</sub></li>
    <li>Xenon in xenon tetrafluoride, XeF<sub>4</sub></li>
    <li>Iodine in the iodide difluoride ion, [IF<sub>2</sub>]<sup>&#150;</sup></li>
    </ul>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. synchronization of preferences and settings

there is no way to be able to "reset" your synchronized preferences online. I had the problem that an old backup of the configuration was synchronized and not the most recent one and on the new computer I found the very old settings and a mix of old and new sites. I realize that you cannot see a sync history but at least the possibility of starting from 0 by deleting the sync on the cloud could be a starting point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Associated CSS in split view can lose git difference colouring gutter

Unclear when this happens, however the associated CSS in a split view can display without showing the coloured gutter that denotes a change when git is enabled.

The remedy requires that you open the css file in a separate view (Control + click the CSS rounded file tab) and then the associated CSS view in the split view magically has its coloured gutter bar returned.

What alerted me to this bug was that it was frustrating not seeing where CSS was changing when interacting with the CSS Designer tab. Then I realised there were no coloured diffs being shown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dreamweaver 20.1 Slow

I find 20.1 slow.
    Often when loading or closing a file the screen will go black and the tool bar will say not responding.

Moving between files has a delay.

OS Win10

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.
    Could you please share more information with us, to narrow down the issue at our end.
    1) Are you using large/heavy size files in Dreamweaver, can you specify the size of files you are using
    2) Does this issue happens while opening and navigating between, different file types or specific file extensions in Dreamweaver.
    3) Are you opening files from local drive or from any network location
    4) How many files at least should be opened for the issue to be reproducible, while you navigate between the files.

Thanks
    Dreamweaver Team

3)

20. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?