Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. Drag & Drop Code

I miss being able to select a block of code and then dragging it somewhere else ... or holding option to duplicate it somwhere else

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

IN BACKLOG  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC 2018: Still no option to disable tag highlighting in code edtor

When you click inside a tag in code editor, or immediately before the tag, the entire tag is being highlighted.

It's confusing, distracting and in most cases unnecessary and counter-productive.

In CC 2015 we had an option to disable it. Bring it back!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Code keeps disappearing

Since the latest upgrade (2017.1), the code view keeps disappearing. I can't find which action makes it happen.

Sometimes closing or opening windows helps, or closing program. I usually work in split view design/code. Switching views or to all code does not fix it.

In any case it renders the program completely unusable.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NEED MORE INFO  ·  Niharika Jha responded

Hi,

We have fixed a lot of issue related to CodeView getting blank, can you please try the latest update Dw 17.5 and update this thread with your observations?

Regards,
    Niharika Gupta
    Adobe Dreamweaver

4. Dreamweaver 19.2 Impossibly Slow

I'm on Windows 10 and just updated to Dreamweaver 19.2. I have only one file open and it is mostly frozen. I have cleared my DW cache and reset all my preferences and I cannot navigate within the code. I'm in Code View with the Developer workspace. It is unusable in this state. Help!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Copy/Paste not working

I can't copy or paste on the OSX Dreamweaver CC 2018.
    I tried deleting the temp cahce file, restarting DW, and closing the file within DW and opening it again.

The problem is I can't copy FROM DW, and paste into anything else. Pasting within DW works.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We are sorry that you are facing issues with DW app.
    We are not able to see this issue at our end.
    For us to better investigate this issue, can you please provide us with answers to the following questions?

1) What is the document view(full Code view or Live view or split code and live view) that you are copying from and pasting into?
    2) When does the issue start happening? Is it after you switch to another app and come back to DW or you minimise and maximize DW?
    3) Are the pages you are trying to copy from part of Local site root folder or remote site

Thanks,
    Kratika
    Adobe Dreamweaver Team

6. cursor

When you change from code view to css view (and vice-versa) your initial scroll position is not where the cursor is. if you press the left or right arrow key, it will jump up or down to the cursor position, but this is inconvenient every time you change view.

It seems to scroll to the same point as your last view, which is not the scroll position where you left off.

I've used most of the different versions of Dreaweaver and this is a new problem.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TOO slow Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018

hi i have Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018 and when i run the software on my computer is laging all the time and i canot work the lag is only for Dreamweaver CC 2018 but photoshop CC 2018 is not slow.
    can't you fix the lag pleas.
    Thank you

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ASP Comments screw up the code colouring

Using an ASP comment (which starts with a single quote symbol) screws up the code colouring for the rest of the code in the document.

Screenshots attached

Thanks

Colin

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full path name of the open file not showing the CC 2018

2017 and previous used to display the current file filepath on the top right of the window (right of the current tab).

This is no longer working in 2018. The only way to see what file is being worked on is to hover over the current tab and wait for a tooltip to display.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Using <> in ASP screws up Code Colouring

Hello,
    I have noticed that if I use <> in a line of ASP code, then the code colouring for the rest of the page is all screwed up.

I have attached 2 screenshots which show this.

In one screenshot, I have a few lines, one of which has an <> in it (a not equal to operator), and then in the second screenshot, I have replaced this with an = and you see that the code colouring is fine again. (This is just an example - the version of the code with = wouldn't actually do what I wanted…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Important keyboard shortcuts not working in CC 2017 on Mac OS

Since updating Dreamweaver yesterday some common shortcuts stopped working both in code and design view:

• Save [Cmd + S]

• Copy [Cmd + C]

• Undo [Cmd + Z]

• Redo [Cmd + Y]

Adding alternative shortcuts in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu is not working either.

Please fix asap, it's impossible to work effectively otherwise!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW  ·  37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Code Editor Keeps Getting Worse

The code editor just keeps getting worse. I was trying to use CC 2019 today to edit some PHP files (300-500 line files) and it was worse than ever, I gave up and switched to a different editor I can't tell you what a disaster it has been ripping out Dreamweaver's old code editor out (which was stable and a solid editor at least) and replacing it with a slow, buggy brackets editor.The performance is so bad, and you've spent the last few years trying to put back the lost features of the old BETTER editor. The workspace kept becoming…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Paste does not work with Cmd + V in the new 2018 version.

I can copy from anything. InDesign. TextEdit. Even Dreamweaver itself. But Cmd + V does not work. Paste is available in the Edit menu and it works. But the key command completely fails

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Real-Time Preview does not work

I've made an index.html file, which I can display in a browser.
    It used to update when I refreshed the screen in the browser: but not anymore... It should update without refreshing, so that was already a bug, but one I could work around.

Now the browser refuses to update at all, even after emptying the cache (emptying the cache worked the first time, but not anymore).

So I made a new html file with just 1 paragraph of text (<p>test</p>).
    If this file open and 'focused' in DW (in Code View, Live View or Design View) I get the…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Your OFFICIAL Dreamweaver is still BETA!

Sorry, but you have just too many severe bugs going on in your official version, that I have to say, this is de facto still a BETA version!

I am disappointed. I would have rather waited longer, and worked with the old version, but at least, it didn't have so many workflow stopping bugs in it!

By all means, fix the severe bugs immediately, or restore the old DW version!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quick edit for generated SASS/SCSS files

I quite enjoy the quick edit (Cmd/Ctrl+E) function in Dreamweaver, but, unless I use Dreamweaver's own built-in SASS/SCSS compiler, the quick edit function just references the compiled CSS file, which is obviously pointless.

Brackets doesn't seem to have a problem with this ...I imagine it just references the sourcemap to find the correct rule. Surely this should be easy enough to fix?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN BACKLOG  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tags Auto Closing when They Should Not

I'm programming ColdFusion and Dreamweaver is throwing in closing tags for things such as <cfelse> and <cfset> In both cases, there shouldn't be something like this </cfelse> or </cfset>

This is an issue to be resolved.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Synchronize does not detecect and upload newer files to remote server CC2019

Changed files not being detected for synchronization. CC2019 11193 build

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dreamweaver 2018 is a pile of shit

The program was entirely rewritten by monkeys.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Update made it even worse!

Now when I double click something in PHP like $Pages['Var'] and drag mouse right to highlight the whole variable to copy and paste, something developers do all the fucking time, it excludes the dollar sign. From the auto complete quotes hell forcing me to delete the extra quotes it adds, then that delete deleting both quotes, then having to array over and type the quote again, taking 5 steps to add 1 fucking " or ', this Dreamweaver is just complete shit. It makes my coding life hell.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base