Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. Code keeps disappearing

Since the latest upgrade (2017.1), the code view keeps disappearing. I can't find which action makes it happen.

Sometimes closing or opening windows helps, or closing program. I usually work in split view design/code. Switching views or to all code does not fix it.

In any case it renders the program completely unusable.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NEED MORE INFO  ·  Niharika Jha responded

Hi,

We have fixed a lot of issue related to CodeView getting blank, can you please try the latest update Dw 17.5 and update this thread with your observations?

Regards,
    Niharika Gupta
    Adobe Dreamweaver

2. Copy/Paste not working

I can't copy or paste on the OSX Dreamweaver CC 2018.
    I tried deleting the temp cahce file, restarting DW, and closing the file within DW and opening it again.

The problem is I can't copy FROM DW, and paste into anything else. Pasting within DW works.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We are sorry that you are facing issues with DW app.
    We are not able to see this issue at our end.
    For us to better investigate this issue, can you please provide us with answers to the following questions?

1) What is the document view(full Code view or Live view or split code and live view) that you are copying from and pasting into?
    2) When does the issue start happening? Is it after you switch to another app and come back to DW or you minimise and maximize DW?
    3) Are the pages you are trying to copy from part of Local site root folder or remote site

Thanks,
    Kratika
    Adobe Dreamweaver Team

3. Real-Time Preview does not work

I've made an index.html file, which I can display in a browser.
    It used to update when I refreshed the screen in the browser: but not anymore... It should update without refreshing, so that was already a bug, but one I could work around.

Now the browser refuses to update at all, even after emptying the cache (emptying the cache worked the first time, but not anymore).

So I made a new html file with just 1 paragraph of text (<p>test</p>).
    If this file open and 'focused' in DW (in Code View, Live View or Design View) I get the…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Real Time Preview Not Working

DW2017 most recent update, but the Real Time Preview doesn't work!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You are KILLING me without Find/Replace.

Why would you release an "UPDATE" with such a glaring flaw???

It is IMPOSSIBLE to continue my workflow when this basic feature is nonfunctional in SO many ways.

It is absolutely ridiculous that my only immediate option is "replace all". This is NOT an "upgrade"

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NEED MORE INFO  ·  Suhas Yogin responded

Please let us know if you’re still having trouble finding the Folder & Site search options. And also, the replace options which can now be enabled using the Ctrl + H shortcut.

Cheers,
    Suhas Yogin

6. Find and Replace problems

While you fixed a large problem with the Find and Replace... I still can't immediately access the find box after I do a search. I have to click the find box twice to do another search.

Sometimes I have to completely get out of the F/R box, then restart the find and replace to use it. It's still a pain.

PS... PLEASE leave things alone that work well. The Find and Replace in DW2015 was great.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Code Coloring missing in Preferences - Find and Replace missing functions

The code coloring we were used to have since the days of Macromedia is missing. This I cannot consider an idea, but a bug. Please restore that function back.

Also the find and replace function misses to find (1 instance!) instead of all, and the find next.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Replace in current site doesn't work

When doing a find/replace across an entire site, text that is in an open document doesn't get replaced. (It shows up in the search-results list, but isn't changed in the actual document.)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Moving tabs doesnt work if tab goes outside of tab line

Hi,

The new update has made it almost impossible to move tabs around by dragging them.

If you drag them and stay within the ~20px of the tab bar, you can reorder them.

If however your mouse goes below or above the tab bar, the tab detaches and when you put it back into the tab bar, it goes on the end.

If you look at the image, if I place the tab where the red arrow points, it should sit at that position in the tab bar. But because i dragged my mouse down a little, it will go…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real Time Preview mostly (!) not working

It's a mess. Live preview shows more often the "sad" phone page with error message than the current file. Even restarting DW won't help in every case. It seems to have sth to do with frequent network changes. But that is my style of work: sometimes at home, sometimes at the customers office, sometimes abroad on train etc. Why can't there be classic preview additionally to the RTP, until you get that mess to work properly? Why do I need to restart DW that often?
    Would be great, to have it solved, as this is a great feature, that DW…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. design view not refreshing after remote file updated

When creating a htm lemailer and the file path is on a server. Once the image is updated it doesn't seem to update in the design view, even if you refresh the design view. This means you can never check if the files are correct unless you switch to live view.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SFTP Not Working

Dreamweaver does not work with SFTP. I can connect but am only able to access the directory that stores my profile, meanwhile I am able to connect and view all files using Filezilla. For the cost of the program and the fact that more and more sites / hosts are going the secure route, this feature should be a priority.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CSS Code hints not working

when typing in a new attribute for a class or id the code hint displays correctly, but once you hit enter the cursor goes to a new line vs. entering in the selected hint. the result is the same whether you use the first hint or use the down-arrow key to select others below the first

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Live view not updating

17.0.1 release. Live view seems to have stopped updating, at least regularly. Sometimes switching back and forth between design and live causes an update, sometimes it doesn't. Often the "refresh live view" menu item is grayed out, and even when it's not, clicking it often seems to make no difference. The attached screen shot clearly shows that the date of the "Book Discussion" shows as 18 March in "live" view but as 15 April in "code" view, and the "refresh" menu item is grayed out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please Wait, Git being initialized

Git was working on my Dreamweaver CC (Mac version), but it now won't get past "please wait, git being initialized". It's been hours and no luck.
    I also updated my git settings for my version of Git running on my machine. No luck either. I browsed to my local version and the location updated to "Macintosh HD:usr:bin:git". I can run git via terminal, but it no longer works in Dreamweaver CC on my Mac.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. function find/replace not reliable at all

The function find/replace does not work satisfactorilly. The items to be replaced are correctly highlighted, BUT THEY ARE NOT REPLACED by the new item. This happens randomly for example when you try to replace elements in the current document. This was already the case in beta 3 and beta 4 but it does not seem to have been fixed in the final version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Errors/Warnings

In the Errors/Warnings Output window the reporting isn't live. I have to click out of what I'm working on and then click back for it to refresh. Time consuming and frustrating.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Error for fr units in CSS grids

Dreamweaver is showing "Unexpected token '1fr' at line xxx" when I use the fr unit in a css grid. The fr unit is valid and should not be throwing an error. I'm using version 18.2

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. high cpu usage Dreamweaver CC 2018 on Mid-2017 MacBook Pro running MacOS High Sierra

Just don't know why this is happening. My MacBook Pro runs hot all the time when using DW CC 2018. Systems info show CPU usage at close to 100%. App also crashes all the time on quit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save password checkbox does not save passwords between sessions

My idea is to make the "Save password" box in the FTP dialog box actually save the password between DW CC sessions. While using the program, the password is saved and works repeatedly, but upon quitting and restarting, the saved password has been forgotten.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base