Copy Paste Not Working
Canțt use because in an php file (code view) copy and paste code dosnțt work it makes a copy of the php file
Can you please share the Video clipping with detail steps from Launch of Dreamweaver till the issue occurs
I am able to recreate the issue in below scenario.
1. Open a document in full code view
2. Click on Sites dropdown or dropdown to switch between local/testing/remote server
3. Without selecting any item in the dropdown, do a code selection using mouse
4. Press Ctrl+X --> The KB shortcut is applied on selected file in Files panel
But the issue you are encountering seems to be while doing put operation.
Can you please help with below information.
1. Are you working in full code view or in split view
2. To get/put file to server are you using KB shortcuts or Menu or buttons in Files panel
3. Is Auto push enabled for the site in Site Setup
4. Does the issue occur only on selecting code using mouse or even for selections done with keyboard
5. Once it occurs, does clicking outside Dreamweaver and redoing the selection in code help in resolving the issue
6. The operation/step you did just before the issue occurs.
Also if you can please share a screenshot of the Dreamweaver app window when the issue occurs. This will help us in knowing the workspace where the issue is occurring.
Nick Skyland commented
Dreamweaver causes more headaches than ever before. Please let the developers develop as they see fit, since they actually develop and know what developers need.
Nick Skyland commented
This is far from fixed.
Copy and paste never works right , have to worry about it actually cutting all my code instead of copying it. Using cntrl +c sometimes cuts instead. also even when i right click and click on copy it cuts instead. I have the latest build as of today.
Build 9583 still has copy/paste issues. When I select a small chunk of code, and then copy it, suddenly it will select a larger chunk of code, or maybe the entire file. If I paste that, it will paste more than what I want. The same thing will happen if I manage to copy just the chunk I need, but I go to paste it and it sometimes replaces more code than what I tried to select. This happens a lot, but once in a while, it will perform normally and I can't figure out why.
Not fixed! I have the Build number 9391
I can copy code in a php file and try to paste it 10 lines above and it duplicates the file and doesn't copy nor paste the text.
If you can't get the basic 2 decades old copy/paste functions working, then I want my money back!
I note this is marked as fixed ... but I'm still having this issue. It's intermittent - I can't make it happen on demand, but it happened several times just yesterday.
DW 2017.0.1 Build 9346
Paste problem, just copied somethhing and past dosn;t work (ctrl+v and right click paste is faded..)