Report a bug!

Drag & Drop Code

I miss being able to select a block of code and then dragging it somewhere else ... or holding option to duplicate it somwhere else

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill Dane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on!! Fix this stuff! Please give a damn about your users - you know, the people who use the software you develop and keeps you employed.

• Pascal Garin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this topic is marked as fixed: this is not true!!!

You can mouse-drag the code (provided you press CTRL before an movement, whereas I think you could be able to press the CTRL key at any moment of the drag), but CSS or JS portions of code still CANNOT!

Please solve this shaming issue…

• Justin B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the drag and drop code issue. This is a rudimentary function.

~Windows~

Come on Adobe, you can do it!~ Try real hard!

• Adam J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely not fixed in Windows, huge affect on performance

• Pascal Garin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When moving elements with the mouse, the cursor should be an arrow, not the "I". Also it should be enabled to move for example a line of code to the adjacent line. Right now, it is not possible.

• info commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can select a range of code. I used to be able to drag that selection to another place in the same document. This does not work now.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot drag hightlighted text. When I double click on text and it's highlighted, I cannot drag it with the mouse like I can do in previous DW versions and all other programs in Windows.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't drag code using the mouse and cursor. A really great ability which seems to be lost is the ability to drag code. I use this all the time. I really need this back in Dreamweaver.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base