Report a bug!

program crash after open file

Program crash after open a file, immediatly, I can`t edit y work. This problem started after last udate, today.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue. Dreamweaver 2017 crashes immediately when trying to open files. It makes DW 17 completely useless! I have never seen such a bad rollout experience as this!

• Stewie Marsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I unfortuantly do not have a crash dump or an event in event viewer from DW Crashing. But I managed to resolve my issue by unistalling everything Adobe and running the Cleaner Tool. Reinstalled the suite and its working fine again.

• O1ivier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem !
        Impossible to work today.

How to go back to the previous version?

• satya prakash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience!.

We are looking into this issue and trying to resolve it soon.Please share screenshot of your workspace and the view in which you have opened the file at the time of crashing. This will help us in quickly identifying the issue. Please send it to satyprak@adobe.com

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just trying to add
        <?php
        if(isset('submit')){

}
        ?>
        to the top of a new php file and Dreamweaver crashes with this exception.
        "Unhandled exception at 0x00000000012E96C6 in Dreamweaver.exe: 0xC0000094: Integer division by zero."

it happens in both code view and split view

Do you know when this issue will be fixed! I tried to use Dreamweaver again today and it continues to crash. As soon as I put any code it - it crashed!

• Pierre Söderqvist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Asha
        The error occurs immediately, every time I try to open a file in DW CC2017.
        No matter which file I select from my history list.
        The files in my history have sizes between 818Bytes and 18.2 Kb (mostly PHP-files).
        In some cases there are links to jQuery / UI and CSS files.
        I have fortunately also remained my DW CS6, where I can open the files without any problems.

I had exactly the same problem in a previous update!!!
        It's impossible to work with help of this program, if this issue will continue.
        Is it possible to get money back, or payment-free months as compensation?

Where do I find the "crash-log-file"?
        And which email address I can send it to?

Pierre

I am experiencing this same issue - program keeps crashing. Can't do any work. This started happening after the update - 3/29/17.

• Stewie Marsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also experiencing this after todays update, even after reseting my preferences and doing a clean install of Dreamweaver.

Feedback and Knowledge Base