Report a bug!

Code view freezes while design view continues to work

I've been having code view freeze today as I run some updates on my clients HTML. Closing the window and creating a new document doesn't resolve the issue.

Video of the issue is attached.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryan “Bevans” Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been having this problem since the 2017 version, and it's still in the 2018 version (18.0). I think it's related to working from a network drive, or having references to files on a network drive, or maybe also from a web site.

Code view just freezes up, or is so slow that it may as well have frozen

• Tom Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Earlier I posted " Source code in split view freezes remaining the same width it froze in, in all modes and no matter how you shift work windows..."

Out of nowhere this problem lessened and then stopped about 3 or 4 days after my posting.Unless I had a program update that resolved the problem, I am going on the assumption that it was my faulty source and dreamweaver butting heads. It seemed as I worked slowly on my code corrections the less freeze (lockup) problems I had until problems disappeared completely allowing me to work quickly again

• AdminYalpi Shiva Prasad (Admin, Adobe Dreamweaver) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried with below scenarios and I am still unable to recreate the issue locally.
        1. open document in split design or live view, edit the file in design/live view and then switch to code view or click inside code view

2. open document in full design or live view, edit the file in design/live view and then switch to code view

When the issue occurs, can you please let me know if the CPU consumption for Dreamweaver Helper process in Activity Monitor or Task Manager is stuck at 100% indefinitely.

Also if the issue is consistently occurring, can you please share a video capture from launching DW till the issue occurs with the entire DW window visible in the video as knowing the complete workspace also helps in investigating the issue.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this as well, if you wait a while the page loads if you switch back to code view only. I am running on Server 2016 see the issue, on windows 10 see the same issue, and Mac.

All versions have the same issue. It is the worst on Server 2016.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Yalpi. I didn't notice your request. I haven't had this issue occur since the most recent update. I'll try to upload an example file if it occurs again.

• AdminYalpi Shiva Prasad (Admin, Adobe Dreamweaver) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are unable to recreate the issue locally. I created a HTML file with a img tag and a couple of anchor tags as in the shared video capture. But the issue is not reproducible.

Can you please let us know if the issue is specific to certain files/sites or is it occurring with all files.

If the issue is file specific, can you please share a sample file

• Tom Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Source code in split view freezes remaining the same width it froze in, in all modes and no matter how you shift work windows.
        Often a Dreamweaver re-boot brings up same problem and a Windows re-boot is necessary. Attached is a screenshot.
        Running Win 10 pro 64 with 16 gig memory

• RH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this everyday all day.. the code view editor window locks up. If i close the file and reopen its fixes it for a minute to finish what I'm doing or restarting dreamweaver but I Have to keep doing it through the day. I am on the latest adobe CC macbook pro 2016 sierra 10.12.4

Feedback and Knowledge Base