Expand/Collapse -- Unable to Expand Collapsed Section
If find that I will have sections of code that I have collapsed that will no longer expand when clicking on the expand/collapse arrow.
See "Collapsed code block.png" -- This collapsed block of code can't be expanded except by clicking on the gray code snippet that shows what's been collapsed.
Clicking on the gray snippet expands the code but the expand/collapse arrow does not change. See "Expanded via clicking gray snippet.png".
Generally, I've encountered this bug in multiple PHP files that I'm writing. Clicking on the gray box that shows a snippet of the code will expand it, but the arrow remains in the "collapsed" state. Closing and re-opening the file has no effect, nor does closing and re-opening Dreamweaver. I'm guessing this data is stored in a metadata file associated with my site, because I am able to remove and re-add the site and the issue is resolved; albeit with the requirement that I re-add all the site information, servers, etc.
Have the same issue.
Switching between design and code view fix the problem for me.
I am seeing this issue a lot for the last couple of months and it's driving me crazy. The behavior seems to be very random at times. Below are some of the scenario where I witnessed the collapse issue.
1. Switching between HTML, CSS, JS and other files.
2. While searching (i.e. code/class/etc.)
3. Closing DW without closing all the files.
4. Code just sometime collapses randomly for no reason.
5. Collapse location is very random (i.e. Middle of the code/line).
6. Sometime code collapses right after expanding them and this can happen 2-3 times at the same place.
7. Sometime double clicking to expand the collapsed code doesn't work at all and sometime it works where there is a slight pause on the double click.
8. At times double clicking on the middle of the collapsed code doesn't work but works on the corner / left portion of the collapsed code.
9.Sometime expanding one collapsed code collapses another random block and sometime the code collapses from one point to the end of the code.
10. Collapse arrow is missing sometime but clicking the blank space it collapses the code.
This just happened to me. I had a .js file open and collaped some code. I then saved the file with it closed and shut down DW and my computer. After a few hours, I reopend the PHP file that refers to the .js file I collapsed. For some reason the PHP file on the same lines, had the code collapsed. And in the .js file the lines were still collapsed. I can not expand any of them. (I have tried clicking multiple times, I have tried pressing Ctrl+Alt+E, I have tried right-click>Section>Expand Section and Expand All and can't get the code to expand). Deleting the site and re-adding it DID NOT HELP. I am dead in the water because I can't expand the text - where can I delete the file that tells DW to collapse the code?
The happens to me all the time. I have to double click on the collapsed area 2 or 3 times to get it to expand. This seems to happen when DD is closed without closing the files first.
Right click on the collapsed entry, Cut, Paste, Fixed.
Thanks for reporting this. Can you please share the following details-
1. Is it happening consistently?
2. Can you share the file where it is happening?
3. Do you have the Code Inspector panel open anytime in the session after launching DW?
4. What MAC version are you working on, and also the Dw version you are working on?
5. Can you share a video clip demonstrating the issue happening as it will help us debug and reproduce it at our end as well.
Bill Dimes commented
I'm encountering this same issue and it's very frustrating. Sometimes quitting and restarting DW will fix it, but now it seems stuck and I need to get into that code. I guess I'll try the app pref delete. I hope I don't lose all my site settings.
Michael Kirkpatrick commented
Final update: I removed all the files/folders in my local ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2017 folder. That resolved my issue, though I had to recreate my app preferences.
Michael Kirkpatrick commented
Update: Removing the site from Dreamweaver doesn't resolve the issue.