High Sierra issue
I have just updated to high sierra 10.13.3 (17D102) on my macbook pro and am having issues starting Dreamweaver (all versions). It basically hangs when Initialising files on start up. Are there any fixes i can apply that would sort this out?
AdminRahul (Admin, Adobe Dreamweaver) commented
Hi Heather Hans,
Sorry for the issues with DW on High Sierra.
We tried to reproduce the same however it is not reproducible at our end. We need some more information in order to debug it and provide quicker resolution.
Please provide logs mentioned in below steps along with the System configuration, OS and DW version:
1. Adobe Log Collector : Please open the DW and reproduce the issue and after that run the log collector tool and collect the logs . Below are the details about tool:
2. Spin dump:
Go to “Activity Monitor” in MAC
Find Dreamweaver and click on it
Go to View menu and click on “Run spindump”
Collect the log
3. DW LOG:
1. Open ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Dreamweaver XXXX Prefs in a text editor
2. At the end of the file, add below text, save and close the file
3. Launch Dreamweaver.
4. Log will be available at ~/Dreamweaver.log (User home directory)
4. Core dump:
1. Quit Dreamweaver(DW)
2. Execute below commands in sequence -
sudo chmod -R 777 /cores
ulimit -c unlimited
/Applications/Adobe\ Dreamweaver\ 2020/Adobe\ Dreamweaver\ 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Dreamweaver
3. Dreamweaver will launch, Perform you operations and let DW Crash
4. Once DW is crashed and closed, execute below command
5. Above ls -hltr command will list all file present in cores folder with dates created.
6. Look name of the most recent file added in cores folder. (Size of that file should be in GB)
7. compress that file using below command
tar -cvzf core.tar <name of the file>
Example - tar -cvzf core.tar core.6792
8. Navigate to folder /cores using Finder -> Go to Folder (Cmd + shift + G)
9. share the file core.tar present in the Folder.
Heather Hans commented
I've had this same problem all year; we've tried uninstalling and reinstalling DW and the CC cleaner tool. I thought we finally got it working with the following suggestion, but now I'm having issues again: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html
The Crash Logs can be found in the below location on your Mac
There will be a .crash file with filename starting with "Dreamweaver"
Please share the logs with us so that we can investigate the issue.
Let us know if you need any help
Divya B C
Adobe Dreamweaver Team
Kat Durrant commented
how would i find the logs for this?
Kat Durrant commented
It basically just seems to crash on this loading screen https://ibb.co/d3YOiH
I'm at work right now but I can take a look at crash logs later and post results
Can you share some screenshots/video capture demonstrating the issue happening? Also, if you are encountering a crash- please share the logs.