Report a bug!

import from a word doc says "it would take too long to import"

Too long for who? This message is ridiculous ... If want to create a large document it should just do it...please fix this antiquainted nonsense.
Abobe needs to much better align its products and interfaces with microsoft office. It's just a pain to use.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MArk Fishburn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NEED MORE INFO  ·  Adminkragarwa (Admin, Adobe Dreamweaver) responded  · 

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.
    What is the Dreamweaver version are you using.

The functionality to import word document is for a large size document on import, Dreamweaver gives a dialog saying "The document you selected is large and will take some time to import. To continue click ok , to cancel click cancel.

If we press ok then the document gets loaded.
    Is the functionality blocking you somewhere while importing the document

Thanks
    Kratika
    Dreamweaver Team

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nayan Kankariya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Mark,

Importing word document is not available in the latest Dw version as we feel copy-pasting the required code or whole code from word document is more feasible for the users. Kindly update to the latest Dw via Creative Cloud Desktop App.

As you said about the other issue "Adobe Creative Cloud is required to resolve this problem", we recommend you to start from 5th step mentioned in the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Kindly write back to us if this doesn't works.

Lastly, we apologize for the delay in responses from our side.

Thanks,
        Nayan
        Adobe Dreamweaver

• MArk Fishburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the current pay by month Creative Cloud (I thought) .. I assume it automatically updates ...
        Oh, but when I check for updates it says I need creative crowd (which I have) . That makes no sense because I pay for it every month and have been using it for a year and previous version before that.. So I get a message "Adobe Creative Cloud is required to resolve this problem. However it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of Creative Cloud from www... etc. So I follow the link download the exe file but when I try to run it I get the exact same message." Please help fix this

Feedback and Knowledge Base