Report a bug!

Copy/Paste not working

I can't copy or paste on the OSX Dreamweaver CC 2018.
I tried deleting the temp cahce file, restarting DW, and closing the file within DW and opening it again.

The problem is I can't copy FROM DW, and paste into anything else. Pasting within DW works.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • What year is this commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this a bug? This is a serious question. How does a program in 2018—not 1988—designed for coding no less, have a bug where you are unable to even copy/cut/paste?

It's breathtaking.

• Jorge Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seems to work if you use the menu Edit/Copy/Paste and not the command C and command V... which is a bug & needs fixed

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still getting this bug as well. Oddly enough it affects the clipboard in general. Meaning I can't even copy/paste from other non-adobe applications. I have to constantly force quit "pboard" in the activity monitor. Very frustrating and sometimes causes work mistakes.. I switched to Sublime Text for a week and had no issues copy/pasting.

Adobe really needs to pick up the slack man...

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dreamweaver team,

same here. This bug persist since a while, please fix — that's quite essential and breaks the workflow very much.

To answer your questions, Nayan:

1) High Sierra 10.13.6, DW CC 2018, Macbook Pro 2012.
        2) Copy paste text from the DW code editor doesn't work
        3) Doesn't work to paste to any app.

Here is a video that shows it:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/95pa3gnsry3wq3w/dreamweaver%20bug.mp4?dl=0

As you can see, the clipboard is stuck. It just won't copy text from DW, nor with the shortcuts nor with the menu items Copy/Paste.

Typing in the terminal "killall pboard" helps.
        I made myself an app that contains this shell script, so i don't have to always open the terminal :

#!/bin/bash
        killall pboard

For anybody with the same problem, you can download the app here:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/luwonq7n3tzanvl/Fix%20Clipboard.zip?dl=0

The problem comes every now and then (but very often), i haven't found an exact way to reproduce it yet.

Same problem, cannot copy from DW into any browser (FF, Chrome, Safari) nor Text programs, it instead pastes the previous item from the clip board. I have to quit out of those programs and re-open them in order to just be able to paste code.

DW CC 18
        Mac High Sierra 10.13.4
        iMac 27" Retina 2017

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. Been happening for months. Specially, when I try to copy/paste code from Dreamweaver into Mailchimp. When I paste into Mailchimp, it would paste the previous thing that I copied and not the most recent code from Dreamweaver.

Have been using clear clipboard command in Terminal with "pbcopy < /dev/null" as a temporary fix.

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.5
        MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue:
        OSX 10.13.6
        DW CC 18.2

This is a major bug and renders DW unusable for my needs. What's taking so long Adobe?

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Issue:
        OSX 10.13.5
        Dreamweaver CC 18

Affects all files.
        I can copy from dreamweaver to dreamweaver, in the same file. And from an outside application to dreamweaver. But NOT from dreamweaver to any other application. And occasionally from one dreamweaver file to another.

I only work in the text editor, so I don't know if the wysiwyg editor is any different.

I guess the devs in here don't care enough to solve this issue.

HELLO DEVS! ANYONE THERE? SMH

Same issue.
        OSX Version 10.13.5
        all file types, but mostly using HTML
        pasting into Chrome or Safari wysiwyg editors.

But it won't paste into any other applications. super frustrating

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue on:

Macbook Pro 15in Mid 2015
        High Sierra 10.13.5
        Latest Version of Dreamweaver CC 18.2

Resetting the "pboard" on Activity Monitor helps, but you have to do this every time you want to copy & paste between Dreamweaver and any other app. Copy & Paste does work within DW, the issue is when you need to paste between apps, like Firefox inspector and DW, for example, making DW useless!

I use code view, this really makes DW useless as copy & paste is a basic feature for working with code.

• James Azelvandre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DW 18.2
        macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Affects copy paste in all file types and applications.

I have to force quit "pboard" in the Activity Monitor to fix but continues happening.

• Mary Lennon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here...
        dreamweaver 18.2 (although I have had this in previous versions as well happen)
        mac high sierra 10.13.4 iMac retina 5k 27 in. late 2015

does not work copying html from dreamweaver to big commerce ecommerce platform

• Nayan Kankariya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

We are unable to reproduce this issue internally. Can you please get back to us with the below queries answered:

1) OSX version 10.11.6, 10.12.x or 10.13.x ?
        2) Copy and paste is not working from a particular file type or all file types
        3) To which editor you are trying to paste the copied text.

Above queries will help us understand the problem, help us in reproducing the issue in-house so that we can investigate the issue and provide you the fix.

Thanks,
        Nayan
        Dreamweaver Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base