Report a bug!

Copy/Paste not working

I can't copy or paste on the OSX Dreamweaver CC 2018.
I tried deleting the temp cahce file, restarting DW, and closing the file within DW and opening it again.

The problem is I can't copy FROM DW, and paste into anything else. Pasting within DW works.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NEED MORE INFO  ·  Adminkragarwa (Admin, Adobe Dreamweaver) responded  · 

Hi all,

We are sorry that you are facing issues with DW app.
    We are not able to see this issue at our end.
    For us to better investigate this issue, can you please provide us with answers to the following questions?

1) What is the document view(full Code view or Live view or split code and live view) that you are copying from and pasting into?
    2) When does the issue start happening? Is it after you switch to another app and come back to DW or you minimise and maximize DW?
    3) Are the pages you are trying to copy from part of Local site root folder or remote site

Thanks,
    Kratika
    Adobe Dreamweaver Team

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony Sanfilippo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also having this issue.

Doesn't work with both DW17, Build 9315 or DW18, Build 10136. Very problematic.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be a Chrome issue, not an Adobe issue. I was able to bypass this with using Safari while working with WordPress.

Worked like a charm.

This is reported all over the Adobe forum, for a long time now, with people feeding the info you are requesting all a long.

1. code view
        2. at some point switching between apps
        3. pages are local

• andrebalestrini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have resolved the problem with the app "Copy em'paste" in apple store.
        On "preference > configure Copy & Paste for special app" and select Dreamweaver...
        Best regards, andre

• noname commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue still remains in CC2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue, been having it for months.

1. Code or split view
        2. Issue occurs when copying code into Chrome. Minimize/maximize doesn't change anything.
        3. Occasionally local site; frequently generating new code and copying from DW to Chrome.

1) What is the document view(full Code view or Live view or split code and live view) that you are copying from and pasting into? IN SPLIT or CODE VIEW -- DESIGN VIEW

2) When does the issue start happening? Is it after you switch to another app and come back to DW or you minimise and maximize DW? STARTS ABOUT 30 MINUTES AFTER USING, I AM BOUNCING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN MULTIPLE APPS, MOSTLY JUST EMAIL AND BROWSERS (SAFARI, CHROME AND FIREFOX)

3) Are the pages you are trying to copy from part of Local site root folder or remote site. FROM A SMALL SHORT PAGE, COPYING CODE AND PASTING IT INTO A BROWSER. USING AS A TEXT EDITOR

has this been fix yet? - It's really affecting my workflow and deadlines. - C'MON ADOBE!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I use DreamWeaver copy/paste stops working between applications, it works within the same application but if I want to copy between the browser and Dreamweaver for example, it won't work. I have to constantly quit the "pboard" process to clear the clipping board. Then it works once and I have to quit the pboard again. This is extremely frustrating as we are dealing with code and copy/paste is used all the time!

Please Fix this issue ASAP!

I'm using Adobe CC 2818
        Dreamweaver v18.2 - Build 10165
        MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

• What year is this commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this a bug? This is a serious question. How does a program in 2018—not 1988—designed for coding no less, have a bug where you are unable to even copy/cut/paste?

It's breathtaking.

• Jorge Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seems to work if you use the menu Edit/Copy/Paste and not the command C and command V... which is a bug & needs fixed

I'm still getting this bug as well. Oddly enough it affects the clipboard in general. Meaning I can't even copy/paste from other non-adobe applications. I have to constantly force quit "pboard" in the activity monitor. Very frustrating and sometimes causes work mistakes.. I switched to Sublime Text for a week and had no issues copy/pasting.

Adobe really needs to pick up the slack man...

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dreamweaver team,

same here. This bug persist since a while, please fix — that's quite essential and breaks the workflow very much.

To answer your questions, Nayan:

1) High Sierra 10.13.6, DW CC 2018, Macbook Pro 2012.
        2) Copy paste text from the DW code editor doesn't work
        3) Doesn't work to paste to any app.

Here is a video that shows it:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/95pa3gnsry3wq3w/dreamweaver%20bug.mp4?dl=0

As you can see, the clipboard is stuck. It just won't copy text from DW, nor with the shortcuts nor with the menu items Copy/Paste.

Typing in the terminal "killall pboard" helps.
        I made myself an app that contains this shell script, so i don't have to always open the terminal :

#!/bin/bash
        killall pboard

For anybody with the same problem, you can download the app here:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/luwonq7n3tzanvl/Fix%20Clipboard.zip?dl=0

The problem comes every now and then (but very often), i haven't found an exact way to reproduce it yet.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base