Report a bug!

Code-folding folds other unselected areas

When I code-fold an area, DW 2018 (18.2) often also code-folds other areas of the code which weren't selected to be code-folded.I can't specify exactly when this occurs i.e. whether I folded using 'Collapse Selection' or whether I folded using 'Collapse Full Tag' - but as those tend to be the only methods I use, it is whilst using one of them (or possibly both) that this occurs. Again I can't confirm whether this is all of the time, but I tend to notice it has occurred after I have folded some PHP code near the top of my page - after I then scroll down a little I notice that another area has also been (that I have NOT selected, nor do I wish to have) code-folded. The area that hasn't been designated to be code-folded, but has been, often tends to start half way along a line of code i.e. it doesn't seem to be code-folded from the beginning of a tag to the closing tag. It just seems to be a random area that was code-folded... usually anything from 2 lines to 100 lines (estimates) of unwanted code-folding occurs in this scenario.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ayrathi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Wez,

I am not able to reproduce the issue.
        Could you please try this in the latest version of Dreamweaver.

Thanks and Regards
        Ayush Rathi
        DW Team

• Wez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please note that I am reporting this as a BUG - despite it saying that I 'shared this idea'. I did NOT share this idea, I did REPORT A BUG!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base