Live view edits broken
Latest update of DW, I can no longer edit in the live view.
1) See a spot with 2 consecutive spaces; delete the first, it removes the first character of the next word. If I backspace to remove the left one, it removes the last character of the preceding word.
2) Add a paragraph using "enter". This has stopped responding completely, as in it ignores the press. If I change the keyboard shortcut (edits to that also failing) to insert a paragraph, it asks about before/after/nested and so on. Choose one, it all vanishes, and nothing is inserted anywhere.
3) All changes has DW complaining about editable areas, but the changes are within one. EVERY time.
4) Quite often I can't edit inside a block of text until I open the dom window and click the element there. Once I do it then responds to clicks with the orange edit box...for a while.
5) Keyboard shortcuts. Try to add one to my copy (not the default), and it ignores my choice. on reopen, it's not there.
What the heck, Adobe? This is expensive software to be fighting me every step of the way, and every version it's grown worse. I've tried nuking prefs, it changed nothing.
Windows 10, DW 20.1, build 15211
How can I get back to a working version that's not a struggle to use?
To add to this, I tried a brand new set of keyboard shortcuts, and put "P" back for inserting a paragraph. That opens the "insert before", "nest" and so on. Has anyone at Adobe actually seen HTML? This is what it adds for "before" (far from the insertion point):
If you nest:
<p>This is the content for Layout P Tag</p>
In the past, using Enter would add this:
That would break up the paragraph into two, right at the insertion point.
Is that so hard?