Code highlighting doesn't work DW 21.0 MacOS Big Sur
Since I updated to Big Sur, code highlighting stop working. The text always stays black even if I change the theme in the interface's preferences. (only the text background color changes if I change theme, not the text).
Tried reinstalling DW and didn't work.
Thanks for reverting with the OS and machine config info. For further investigations, we would require below info from your side. Can you please revert on the below:
1) Is the Mac a new machine with OSX 11.6 and issue is observed with first install of Dw
2) If the answer is NO for the query 1, from which OSX version have you updated to the latest OSX 11.6 on the machine.
3) Please confirm if source code font files are available at /Library/Fonts folder location
4) Please provide Creative Cloud Desktop App version installed on the machine and Adobe logs collected via Adobe log collector tool
5) Please try attaching a screenshot or screen recording illustrating the issue if possible.
6) On setting the Font to a different one like 'Times New Roman' in Preferences-->Font section-->Code view font drop-down, click on Apply and Close the preferences dialog. Is the code color appearing fine in code view with the updated "Times New Roman" font.
7) Does switching back to Source code pro font brings back the code color in code view.
Feel free to share the above files over any sharing tool like Google Drive, Creative Cloud, Dropbox etc.
We are unable to recreate the issue internally on multiple attempts and hence we are looking for your answers to the above queries. This will help us in identifying the issue and fix the issue with Big Sur at our end.
Have a pleasant day!
I'm running macOS Big Sur 11.6 on a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with 2.4 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 memory.
Thanks for the investigations and letting us know the key findings. MacOS Big Sur version where the issue is observed along-with Adobe logs will further help in identifying the root-cause of the issue internally. Please feel free to share the required info for further investigations at our end as well.
Actually, I did more investigating and it seems the problem lies in having the OpenType version of Source Code Pro. If you have the TrueType version of the font, then the problem doesn't exist.
That said, the problem with OpenType fonts should be fixed.
Thanks for writing to us. Can you please let us know your Big Sur OS version and Mac machine configuration details where you are observing this issue. Also, can you please share Adobe logs collected via log collector tool for investigating the issue internally.
Steps to collect Adobe logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
Have a pleasant day!
This is a bug with using the Source Code Pro font. Big Sur has been out for a while and this bug hasn't been fixed yet? Please FIX THIS!
AdminRahul (Admin, Adobe Dreamweaver) commented
Thanks for writing to us. Can you please confirm the code view font selected under Dw Preferences --> Fonts section and try performing below steps.
1. Quit Dw and collect Adobe log collector tool logs by following the steps in the KB article at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html .
2. Launch Dw and open preferences dialog under Dreamweaver menu
3. Switch to Fonts section and kindly note the code view font name
4. Change the code view font to something else (Times New Roman etc)]
Please share Adobe log collector tool logs over any sharing tool like Dropbox, Drive etc and confirm the font name observed in Step 3.
Please let us know if the above resolves the issue else we will further debug the issue.
Please refer to the attached screenshot for locating code view font under Fonts section in Preferences dialog.