Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alt + Tab while creating new Site - BUG

I was attempting to create a new site in Dreamweaver and Alt + Tabbed to copy the FTP info of the remote site. When I Alt + Tabbed back the site dialogue was no longer visible and whenever I clicked on anywhere else in Dreamweaver the windows "Default Beep" plays.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When changing font size, the font colors all become black instead of color coded text.

When changing font size for code in preferences in Dreamweaver 21.1 on the latest version of MacOS Big Sur, the font colors all become black instead of color coded text. The only way to get it back is to remove the preferences folder and start over!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Huge Root-folder related bug on macOS: The local root folder, project, does not exist

Huge problem on Dreamweaver CC 2021 on macOS:
    Cannot declare anything as root site.
    “The local root folder, project, does not exist. Please select a new local root folder by clicking in the Manage Sites button.”
    Then I declare project as root folder in “Manage Sites”. When I open again, I get the same message.

file vault is not used - Dreamweaver latest version.

On windows everything works as expected. This is a huge problem since I have to work on windows laptop now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DW freezes code view freezes

I often leave DW open all the time so I can come back to edit later or the next day. It seems the newer updates will randomly freeze, but not complately. None of the code view tabs work, I can click on them but the code view doesn't change. The menu's all still work. Only way I am able to get it to work again is to quit and restart.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Big Sur Update: code section black text on black background.

after updating to Big Sur. the text in code area is all black (no color theme) and it is on a black background. Changing the color theme does nothing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dreamweaver don't work anymore

My dreamweaver doesn't work anymore. I open a file and the file opened, but the pages (SPLIT mode) stay blank. I have dark mode.
    I already deleted dreamweaver and installed it again, but now it's getting worse.
    Are there more people with the same issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. php 7.0 feature is identified as an error with Dreamweaver

$POST['Form']="Working From Home";
    $Form=$
    POST['Form']??"Test";
    echo $Form;
    exit();

I have PHP Development set to 7.1, where is 8 as it is available? Regardless, that's a different story, the second line in my code was valid PHP code as of PHP 7.0. when I place it in a php file, Dreamweaver identifies the two ?'s as invalid code and unexpected.

According to PHP.net, it is valid code and is in the correct syntax, when I place the code on my website, it works with no errors and outputs as expected but in Dreamweaver, it is picked off as an error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dreamweaver 21.0 Mac does not show files such as ".htaccess" in the Files panel

I can't see ".htaccess" or ".htpasswd" in the Files panel of Dreamweaver 21.0 for Mac.

There is a similar post as below, but back in ver.20, they were displayed without any action. Also, "Show hidden files" shows even files/folders that I want to keep hidden such as ".DSStore", "baks", "mm", and "notes".

This is a symptom that only occurs in ver.21 for Mac.

--

Dreamweaver 21.0 Mac のファイルパネルで「.htaccess」などのファイルが表示されない

Mac版 Dreamweaver 21.0 の ファイルパネルで「.htaccess」や「.htpasswd」が表示されません。

下記の通り類似の投稿がありますが、ver.20の頃には何もせず表示されていました。また、「非表示ファイルの表示」では「.DSStore」や「baks」「mm」「notes」など非表示にしておきたいファイル/フォルダーまで表示されてしまいます。

では、ver.21からの仕様なのかと言えば、同じバージョンのWindows版では問題ありません。Mac版 ver.21でのみ起こる症状です。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I recently discovered a chronic problem using DW 2021 v. 21.1 (on a Mac using Big Sur v. 11.3).

It was suggested that I hit the Escape key to close that window. That click does work. However, until it was suggested to me, it had plagued my throughput for nearly two weeks.
    When I finish using the Find and Replace in Files feature, it's impossible to close that window.

I shut down and relaunched DW. When I opened that Find and Replace in Files window, the Close icon is greyed out and non-functional. I must drag it off the screen or restart DW to get it to disappear.

The attached screenshot documents the inactive "Close" button (as well as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Uploader des fichiers impossible avec Dreamweaver v21.1 depuis dix jours

Depuis dix jours, impossible d'uploader les fichiers de mon ordinateur vers mon hébergement (je suis obligé d'utiliser un autre logiciel ftp : Transmit pour transférer les fichiers !!!). Le contenu du fichiers uploader est vide :
    <html>
    <head></head>
    <body></body>
    </html>

Je travaille avec : Dreamweaver v21.1, sur : MacBook Pro (Retina 13 pouces, début 2015) 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5 double coeur avec le système : macOS Big Sur v 11.2.3. Hébergeur : OVH.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Slow typing for some reason

I have noticed there has been a recent issue with Dreamweaver when typing it is either a lag in the input or either it does a slight freeze. I have checked my own computer to make sure and have enough RAM to run it and other things in the background.

Even have disabled prior applications to test it and still a lag in the interface when trying to code HTML templates and other markups. The only one that doesn't have an issue filetype wise is coding CSS stylesheets. I don't know if this was reported before, couldn't find it searching…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Find and Replace in Files" dialog cannot be closed (macOS Big Sur)

Its very simple, open a "Find and Replace in Files" dialog and there is no way to close it (other than closing Dreamweaver). There is no top left red button on the popup dialog (it is greyed out).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. After Upgrading to Dreamweaver 21.1 in Developer mode the Live screen appears when reloading PHP files

Normally Developer mode does not have a Split option for Code and Live view. But now when I close Dreamweaver without closing php files. And open it again, the Live screen appears. When I reset the Developer Mode, the split goes away. I save the Current view for Developer but that does not fix the problem.
    How can I get Dreamweaver to stop showing Live view?
    The attached screen snippet shows the Live view in Developer mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search is inspecting cloaked files/folders

This is beyond frustrating.

When searching through folders, Dreamweaver not ignoring some cloaked files.

See the attached screenshot. It is searching a large XML file which crashes Dreamweaver, even though the file is cloaked.

The weird thing is it is skipping some cloaked files.

I've tried restarting but it doesn't fix the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After file loads, first character of the first column is removed DW21.1

When opening a file, the file opens correctly, however after 1 second (sometime more or less) the first character of each line of code that is against the left side is removed.

I have attached a short video to show the issue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DW freezes when expanding a folder with many files

I have a site where one sub-folder contains about 9,200 files. I don't think this is much, but when I expand (i.e. open) this folder in DW, the program freezes.

And most important: When I kill the task via task manager and open DW again, the opening of this folder has been saved and so I cannot open DW ever again until renaming/removing that folder via Windows explorer.

I only would expect this behaviour with 100,000 file ore more. For Windows, 9,000 files are nothing!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Synchronize dialog: Checkbox should be disabled (readonly) in this case

I'm using the German version of DW, so I cannot tell you the exact names of elements in the GUI.

I found a little bug (really small, but a bug):

When you are in the synchronize dialog and the direction is set to both directions (already upon opening the dialog), the checkbox underneath is clickable, but it shouldn't.

Because if you click on this direction again, the checkbox is disabled.

See attached screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SCSS compiling issues

Since upgrading to v21.1 (co-insided with upgrading to full cc suite) I have issues with SCSS compiling when saving. Had this issue twice now, first solved it by fixing the auto-save feature (i think) - uninstalled, re-installed and reset preferences too. Encountered the problem again and this hasn't sorted the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base