Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. Having a same directory name with a different case causes the server browser to break and not open the correct directory.

Having the same directory name with a different case causes the server browser to break and not open the correct directory.

I have 2 directories one called "faq" and one called "FAQ", by going directly to those directories in the browser, one loads the page and one loads the different page because URL's are case sensitive.

However, Dreamweavers folder browser is not, if I try to open the "FAQ" directory it opens the "faq" directory. The only way I can edit the files is by opening them up in File Explorer and opening that way.

P.S. This happens with all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opens in design view instead of last used view

Version 20.1 Dreamweaver constantly opens in 'Design view' despite me having closed it when everything was in 'Code view'. Is there a way of fixing this so that it opens instead to the same view that I closed it with. There were no unexpected shutdowns or anything, I closed it with the program's X button. Thanks - it's minor compared to some o the other bugs, but it is annoying the hell out of me that I have to keep doing this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can't see code in split or code view sometime

can't see code in split or code view. its seems blank white space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Red dot code cutoff

I have php file that is long. In Dreamweaver, after 215 lines of code, the code is cutoff and there is a red dot where the rest of the code should be. The file works normally and all the code is visible on my web server and in other editors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cannot select target branch in Merge branch dialog box (GIT)

Target branch select box is "disabled", I cannot switch to my staging branch which was created on the previous dialog box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. CSS Grid Code Errors

Dreamweaver has poor support for CSS grid. A nice feature to have would be to have grid elements suggested as you type them. This is supported with Flexbox, but not grid. I also receive "errors in my code" when I use certain grid elements. Elements such as fr or when using naming mechanisms such as naming column and rows (i.e. [xxxx]).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dreamweaver loses FTP credentials - still live

hello

I know this bug has already been reported and is supposed to be fixed but it's not. I am on MAC and it's very annoying to have to enter my FTP credentials each time I open Dreamweaver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Inline background css

when you try to add dreamweaver inline css background it add a doble quotes that you need to remove. Only on inline css autocomplete.

Bad
    style="background-image: url("img/pic.jpg")"

Need to be
    style="background-image: url(img/pic.jpg)"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. HTML formatting not pasting.

Dreamwever is not pasting html formatting when copied text from Mac Pages is pasted into it. Also the Text with structure plus full formatting (bold,italic,styles) inside of paste special is not available to select. It is greyed out. This is DW 2020.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. サイト設定のサーバプッシュOFF

サイト設定でサーバプッシュOFFにしても、勝手にPUSHするときがある。デベロッパーモードが意図せず自動変更されてLIVEモードになる。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. always save dependent files not uploading linked files DW2020 20.2 Build 15263

I recently reinstalled macOS 10.15.5, prior to this action I would have "Always Save Dependent Files" checked (and still do). I would make changes to any JS or CSS in my (example) index.php file, then I'd go and upload "index.php" and all my attached files (css, js, and anything I have in require_once()) would get uploaded.

Now after reinstalling macOS, I still have that option checked, but only "index.php" gets uploaded, ignoring all my css, js and require_once() linked files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dropdown menu not showing anymore in live mode

I don't know exactly since when this happened so this is going to be difficult, but is anyone experiencing the same problem? I used to be able to click on a dropdown in the navbar in live mode, the dropdown menu would then show. But now it does not anymore...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. List bug with <sub> or <sup>

I am a chemist, and use lots of <sub> and <sup> tags. If I try to make a list (or remove a list) containing these tags, all sorts of strange things happen. (Not fatal, there are work arounds.)

======================

<p>Six or so steps are required to generate the VSEPR geometry of an atomic centre such as:</p>
    <ul>
    <li>Carbon in methane, CH<sub>4</sub></li>
    <li>Nitrogen in ammonia, NH<sub>3</sub></li>
    <li>Xenon in xenon tetrafluoride, XeF<sub>4</sub></li>
    <li>Iodine in the iodide difluoride ion, [IF<sub>2</sub>]<sup>&#150;</sup></li>
    </ul>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Associated CSS in split view can lose git difference colouring gutter

Unclear when this happens, however the associated CSS in a split view can display without showing the coloured gutter that denotes a change when git is enabled.

The remedy requires that you open the css file in a separate view (Control + click the CSS rounded file tab) and then the associated CSS view in the split view magically has its coloured gutter bar returned.

What alerted me to this bug was that it was frustrating not seeing where CSS was changing when interacting with the CSS Designer tab. Then I realised there were no coloured diffs being shown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. FTP Manager CTRL+C and CTRL+V dont work to copy and move files

trying to copy a file from one directory to another doestn work in remote view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi.

Thanks for reporting the issue, we are not able to recreate the issue.
    could you please share more information with us so that we can investigate the issue at our end.

1) What is the OS and Dreamweaver version you are using

2) could you please share a video capture of the issue to help better investigate the issue.

Regards
    Dreamweaver Team

17. Files sorted by Modified in wrong order on remote server

When viewing files on the remote server, clicking on Modified to sort by reverse chronological order (most recent on top) works in the opposite order than what is expected; even more unexpectedly, the identical action on the right pane (local files) does work as expected. Which means that the same arrow, whether up or down, identifies opposite sort orders depending on which side of the Files window you are working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi.

Thanks for reporting the issue, we are not able to recreate the issue.
    could you please share more information with us so that we can investigate the issue at our end.

1) What is the OS and Dreamweaver version you are using

2) could you please share a video capture of the issue to help better investigate the issue.

Regards
    Dreamweaver Team

18. Ctrl+F should detect if you are in the site window or text editor and function accordingly.

When you have the site window open, and click "CTRL+F", it should detect which window is open, and open the site search window.

At least if no files are open then Ctrl+F should open the "site search" box rather than advising to press Ctrl+Shift+F

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Home and End keys don't function as expected in LINK field in PROPERTIES for <A> tag

When you place the cursor in the LINK box to edit a <a> tag in the visual design view, and press HOME or END on the keyboard, it selects the first or last item in the drop down list - it should position the cursor at the start or end of the text field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. V20.1 Split view: selecting image goes to code piece NOT WORKING

It used to be that when you wanted to edit something within the code you would click it in the preview pane and the code pane would scroll to the relevant piece of code. This has stopped working in the last week...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base