Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. Design view vs. Code view - show the same thing when switching

In previous versions I could highlight a word, sentence, whatever in Design view and when I switched to Code view, whatever I had highlighted would be visible, highlighted in the code. Now when I highlight something in Design view and switch to Code view, I see the code for the very top of the page and I have to scroll down to see what I highlighted. This is a big step backward. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edge Fonts Scripts causing Browsers to reject Sites as being "Insecure"

I URGENTLY need to find a way to prevent DW from automatically re-inserting an unwanted Edge Fonts Script into my .html pages.

I continually remove the script and the ACC continues to re-insert it.

I do NOT want my pages to connect to the MS Servers because even when I have tried using MS's httpS source, web- browsers still "see" an underlying but hidden http (no "S") and block the user from the web site.

Putting a site, which I am building for a client, on my own hosting service for testing purposes, resulted in both Safari and Firefox blocking…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 予期せぬ理由で終了

Dewamweaver2020であるファイルを開こうとすると「予期せぬ理由で終了」となります。開けるファイルもあります。アプリケーションが落ちるファイルはindexページでテーブルに画像を入れてあるものですが、それが理由でしょうか?困っています。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. updateBootstrapVersion

Only get this on my laptop, which i just updated to the latest DW version 2 days ago. Every page i load that has bootstrap4 i get an error alert that reads:
    "While executing onLoad in UpdateBootstrapVersion.htm, the following Javascript error(s) occurred:
    In file "UpdateBootstrapVersion": updateBSversion is no defined"

Everything was fine before the update. The same website's work on college computers using dreamweaver without getting any error messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2020 update and paste formatted text in Live-view

Since 2020 update: when I paste formatted text in live-view it will display only as plain-text despite the fact that I have set Preferences > Copy/Paste to ‘Text with structure plus full formatting’

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dreamweaver 20.0 - Cannot open html files

Dreamweaver for Mac 20.0 cannot open files when they are opened via a folder alias.

Error messages attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sometimes the FTP tries to upload before the file is done saving causing an error.

I programmed a work around that saves, waits a second, and then uploads, but it would be nice if the save and automatic upload would work all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DW 2020 not previewing HTML5 Dropdown Menus correctly for iPhone iOS13.2.3

When using an HTML5 Dropdown Menu in DW, it appears to work correctly. But when viewing the website on an iPhone (with the latest software update iOS13.2.3), the menu collapses as soon as it is pressed, so the viewer cannot browse the website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. find and replace

Bug report for Dreamweaver 20.1 Build 15211, find and replace. See the attached screenshot and tell me WHY, when I click on a search result, the view is like this?? It happens all the time and with no scroll bar at the bottom making me have to click somewhere on the right and use my arrow keys to get to the left. I've reported it multiple times since December but you never get back to me when your emails say you will.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When updating a table.innerHTML from an Extension, the <caption> tag gets mangled or destroyed. Other tags are unaffected

This is Dreamweaver 2020 on Windows. I have a command file which assigns a string value to the innerHTML attribute of a table object.
    If the string I am assigning contains a <caption> tag, the resulting <caption> tag that shows up in the table is not accurate. Depending on the string being input, Dreamweaver will either completely strip the <caption> tag (leaving the caption content as loose text) or will add newlines to the caption content. I've prepared a set of two files: a very simple script to be installed into the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver 2020\configuration\Commands directory and a small…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dreamweaver 2020 Catalina: Not playing nicely with App Switching

Have seen this behaviour in an earlier version too.

For some reason the main window of Dreamweaver is not being picked up by app switcher. So if you switch to a different app on Mac and then command tab to go back to Dreamweaver, the main window isn't found and the app doesn't switch.

The workaround is to use Mission Control and then select the window for Dreamweaver.

If you can see the window behind the other windows then clicking it works. But command tab is definitely not working in my case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Update links changes "%2F" to "/"

Update files > update links when moving files between folders replaces "%2F" with "/".
    This breaks links which are part of javascript source input.
    UTF-8 encoded characters should not be changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Broken in 20.1 - Insert: Hyperlink, List Item, Ordered List, Unordered List

Broken in 20.1 - Insert: Hyperlink, List Item, Ordered List, Unordered List

Basically, you cannot add them at all, either from the menu or from a shortcut. Things like paragraph tags, strong, etc still work, just not these.

Dreamweaver sadly seems to be going backwards and getting slower and more buggy :(.

macOS 10.15.3; Dreamweaver 14.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Live View not allowing for full tag selection

When I am on my work computer, I am unable to select items at the tag level by clicking on them. When I click on the tag selector, it similarly inserts my cursor into the orange box, making it impossible to select things at the tag level unless I continually rotate between design and live views before navigating through blue boxes with my keyboard. This isn't happening on my instructor computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. files panel not listing all folders in a directory

The "files panel" is not listing the contents of directories properly. As my example image shows, the "src" folder contains many subfolders (which you can see by looking at the finder view), but for some reason (I can't figure out what's different about them) many are NOT showing up as folders inside the files panel in Dreamweaver. I've inspected the directories via command line etc, and can't find anything that might explain the erroneous listing by Dreamweaver. I've tried doing a reset of my prefs in DW but it didn't help. This one is a head-scratcher for sure.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Upon opening Dreamweaver 20 today, getting "While executing onLoad in UpdateBootstrapVersion.htm"...

While starting up Dreamweaver today, each of the dozen files I had open as shut down yesterday starts up with the following popup alert (see attached screenshot).

While executing onload in UpdateBootstrapVersion.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

In file &quot;UpdateBootstrapVersion&quot;:
    updateBSVersion is not defined

It doesn't appear any DW updates have run, so I have no idea what would've changed since yesterday. I've restarted DW, but get the same error alerts for each file. If I try to continue working, the error alert pop-ups periodically.

I've only found one other person reporting this same issue, and that was four months…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PHP class methods autocomplete showing wrong methods

Problem: I am replacing one PHP class with a newer PHP class. When I type the new class:

i.e $Messages->

instead of then showing me the methods attached to the new class in the autocomplete, it instead shows me the methods of the previous class. I have spent an annoyingly long time trying to work out why my code wasn't working, only to discover that it's not MY code that's not working, it is instead the code of whomever wrote the autocomplete functionality of dreamweaver that is wrong. Come on guys, this is supposed to be world-class software but there…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PHP class methods autocomplete showing wrong methods

Problem: I am replacing one PHP class with a newer PHP class. When I type the new class:

i.e $Messages->

instead of then showing me the methods attached to the new class in the autocomplete, it instead shows me the methods of the previous class. I have spent an annoyingly long time trying to work out why my code wasn't working, only to discover that it's not MY code that's not working, it is instead the code of whomever wrote the autocomplete functionality of dreamweaver that is wrong. Come on guys, this is supposed to be world-class software but there…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not adding change to image URL when using the templates with Dreamweaver

When changing the URL to an image it is not changing linking to that image when uploaded to the website.

Even if the image is uploaded seperately (put) it still will not link and then load to the page

V20
    OS Catalina
    Build 15196

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs