Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

1. Undo, if I am in a document

2 code documents open,
    click into one, make change
    click into other, make change
    click back into the first and hit undo
    flips back to the first document that you do not what undone and undo's it.

All editors I know of can handle undo in individual files with out unding none wanted changes of the other documents. This is deal breaker and end of my use of Dreamweaver, it HORRIBLE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dreamweaver 2021: functions list doesnt list async functions in context menu (js files)

Hi,

if you are in a JS document and right click -> Functions, it doesnt list any functions that are async.

If you look at the screenshot you can see the async function is not in the list of functions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Navigating to a stylesheet when there are many is too hard in DW2020, make it possible to do quickly

I'm developing a drupal site, but actually I'm just trying to use DW2020 for rapid iterations, which I would normally use browser developer tools and my IDE(vscode). It's wonderful to see Dreamweaver back in the App lineup. (I'd love to see asp.net and other template based things suppported and yes I've seen the extensions)

To recreate my situation with a fresh copy of dreamweaver:
    Choose open file, type https://test.resurgenceevents.org as the filename. Open it, and add this tag to the HEAD section of the html (without the space before last speechmark needed to post as comment):
    <base href="https://test.resurgenceevents.org/ "…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On Windows computers, the program freezes terribly

There is a delay of about 1-3 seconds when selecting a code fragment or entering new lines. The problem occurs even with zero load on the computer, without live view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lack of recognition of the spread operator

Dreamweaver's current java interpreter doesn't recognize the spread operator, which is an ellipsis (...). A good definition for this operator can be found at:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Spread_syntax

All of my browsers (except Internet Explorer) currently support this operator. As Microsoft has signaled its end-of-life for IE, my thought is that we should probably include support for the spread operator--at the very least, for array literals, since this is how I use it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug - Tabbing in a table.

Bug: Inside a table you cannot tab to the next cell. It brings up coding (n blue, things like td+). You have to individually select a cell to enter data. This is NOT the way previous versions worked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I can't change the fonts for code view

Dreamweaver V21.0 build 15392
    The code view font appears in a serif font (Times, I think?) and no matter what font or point size I select in the Fonts preferences, it makes no difference. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem persists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Error notice "Special characters must be escaped:[<]." stuck after correcting error.

After making a syntax error a notification is shown:
    "Special characters must be escaped:[<]."

When correcting the error, the notice is stuck onscreen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. List selection

Bug #1: DW2020 had NO ISSUE selecting items in a list. Now DW2021 wants to select the entire division when selecting in the Split view. Absolutely no way to select items in a list in the display mode--only by selecting it in code.
    Bug #2 - updating the code does NOT refresh the display in Split. It will not refresh going from Code to Split to Live. The file is saved and displays correctly in a web browser, but not DW2021.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.We are not able to recreate the issue internally, can you please help us with below information to investigate the issue at our end:

1.Are you seeing this issue on all files or some specific files
    2. Can you give us the exact steps to recreate this issue
    3. Is it possible to share a video capture or a gif of the issue

Thanks
    Dreamweaver Team

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dreamweaver won't paste (special) large Word documents

This has been a problem for years!

When you paste a word document over 400k into Dreamweaver, you get an error message. Dreamweaver won't allow the paste.

Since CS3, I've been manually changing the MM.od_MaxThreshold to something higher. 400k is too small. I use Dreamweaver to format ebooks, and they are almost always larger than this amount. Everytime there is a new version of Dreamweaver installed, this threshold get reset.

Isn't it time to increase the threshold for new install?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dreamweaver 19.2 Impossibly Slow

I'm on Windows 10 and just updated to Dreamweaver 19.2. I have only one file open and it is mostly frozen. I have cleared my DW cache and reset all my preferences and I cannot navigate within the code. I'm in Code View with the Developer workspace. It is unusable in this state. Help!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Text edit displayed but not saved

I changed a line of text in the Dreamweaver editor for a JavaScript file. The text was changed on the screen and the save "*" was removed when I hit save. However, when I uploaded the changed file, the change was not reflected. I verified the uploaded file was not changed on the website in the JavaScript console. I closed the editor and reopened it, The original text was still present! I updated it again and re-saved. This time the change persisted and the upload was good. There were no error messages or other indications of something going awry. This…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Michael,

Thank you for providing all the details and clarity on the issue you are facing. Detailed description of the issue helps us in investigating the issue.

We tried to recreate the issue internally on macOS 10.14.6 and the issue is not reproducible. Hence it would great if you can write to us when you encounter the issue again. Please have Dw in the same state for us to investigate the issue since the same is not reproducible on all machines.

Have a pleasant day.

Thanks,
    Nayan
    Dreamweaver Team

14. When editing file in live mode, it systematically adds non-breakable spaces after the entry in HTML.

<div class="campl-highlight-date-container"><span class="campl-highlight-date"><span class="campl-highlight-day">26&nbsp;</span>sept</span></div>

rather than:
    <div class="campl-highlight-date-container"><span class="campl-highlight-date"><span class="campl-highlight-day">26</span>sept</span></div>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right clic vanishes 1 sec after clic, same for menu. Something is cycling and remove the focus of the process

right clic vanished 1 sec after, same for menu. Something is cycling and remove the focus of the process. it's driving me mad !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Proper PHP code shos as error

Dreamweaver 20.2

See attached image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen redraw issue on MacPro 2013 with AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

I am having a persistent problem with DW 2020 v. 20.2 15263 where pages will open (slowly!) and in split view or code view the code will not show up (see attached). I have tried this is safe boot and the issue persists, but not every page every time. I also note that when using some features of WebAssist's wizards, the screen will cycle and go into complete limbo for minutes at a time, although the connection to the database is immediate. I am NOT having this problem on my 2014 MacBook Pro, so I am assuming it is the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spell Check - Spaces & Punctuation Errors

Dreamweaver's Spell check does not flag missing spaces before or after punctuation.

Example Sentence:

There was only one choice left:to sell the family farm.

It should flag "left:to" as an error.

If there are any settings or extension available, please suggest.

The tool is of great help though. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Find and replace bug

When you select a line and use Find and Replace random text shows up and even after you change it somehow messes up the file. I didn't realise and had to do my changes a few times, close and open DW. Quite frustrating as this is such a basic feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dreamweaver deletes my workspaces

EVERY SINGLE TIME IT UPGRADES. Without fail. Every computer I've ever used. Every major upgrade. All workspaces gone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base