Image Optimization workflows deprecation in Dreamweaver
We are working on upgrading Dreamweaver core infrastructure to make use of the latest APIs & features introduced in latest MacOS & Windows versions.
This is to ensure Dreamweaver continues to remain compatible with latest MacOS & Windows versions and also to make use of the new improvements available for applications.
One of the Dreamweaver functionality which heavily depends on the older OS APIs is Image Optimization in Dreamweaver.
However on looking into the feature usage data, in-app image editing workflows usage in Dreamweaver has been quite low for the past few years. Number of users who had used the below listed workflows for more than once has been further low.
So after evaluating the effort involved in migrating these workflows to latest OS versions and the current low usage trend, we are deprecating Image Optimization workflows from our next release.
• PSD documents will not be supported in Insert Image workflow, instead you can externally generate an image in supported format like JPG, PNG and then insert into a document in Dreamweaver.
• Open original PSD file in Photoshop for an image used in web document
• Update/reset size of an image from original PSD file
• Crop/Resample an image
• Modify Brightness/Contrast/Sharpness of an image
• Edit image settings like format, quality, color palette, transparency, etc through Image Optimization window.
• Resample an image with different height & width and/or file format while downloading/inserting assets from CC Libraries panel
Please note, this will not impact the ability to select an image in Dreamweaver and jump to Photoshop or any external application for image editing from Properties Inspector as configured by you in Preferences for various file types.
This will also not impact in using assets from CC Libraries in their original file format & dimension.
Yalpi Shiva Prasad